- Full Time
Cox Media Group's Market Leader WFTV/WRDQ-TV in Orlando, FL is looking for a Part-Time Studio Operator
This position requires flexibility to work overnights, early mornings, late nights, holidays and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Operate the prompter for live and recorded programming
- Monitoring and adjusting robotic cameras for live and recorded programming
- Targeting cameras between shows
- Monitoring camera movements to assure that the units do not collide and cables are clear of wheels
- Insuring that studio floor is free from obstacles
- Manage the studio floor for live and recorded programming
- Miscellaneous duties, including maintenance and studio preparation
- Lamp replacement for studio fixtures
- Lighting gel replacement
- Light board operation
- Assist News Production with set and lighting maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Education - Degree or working toward a degree in electronic media.
- Experience - 1 year of broadcast, film or editing preferred
Other skills and abilities:
- Physical Requirements:
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Moving bulky set pieces
- Climbing ladders or working from an extended lift
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.