Business Development Consultant (Freelance, Remote)
Opportunity: Business Development Consultant
Organization: Accelerate Change
Engagement duration: 6-month engagement, beginning in November 2019
Location: This is a remote engagement for an individual or company based anywhere in the US
Accelerate Change is seeking an experienced Business Development Consultant (an individual or a company) for a 6-month consulting engagement focused on sourcing brand sponsors for our high-engagement media properties.
Accelerate Change is a nonprofit (c3/c4) media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. We focus on media ventures that are driving social change through news, education, and action.
Accelerate Change supports some of the fastest growing nonprofit digital media ventures in the country. In collaborating with our network of large, trusted nonprofit digital media properties (collectively Accelerate Change Network Partners; individually a Partner), we run coordinated media campaigns that reach millions of people each month. Our Partners for this brand sponsorship consulting engagement are:
- PushBlack, the nation’s largest nonprofit media platform for Black people, reaches over 8 million Black Americans each month with Black news, history, and culture stories.
- Pulso, a national nonprofit media organization focused on Latinx communities, reaches over 2 million Latinx Americans each month with culturally relevant news and information.
- ParentsTogether, a national, parent-led nonprofit media organization, helps over 2 million subscribers stay up to date on the issues affecting their families.
About the Opportunity
Accelerate Change seeks a Business Development Consultant for a 6-month engagement focused on brand sponsorship sourcing (with the opportunity to extend engagement after 6 months). The Business Development Consultant will source brands interested in developing long-term partnerships with Accelerate Change Network Partners. Long-term, our Partners are ultimately looking to grow multi-million dollar brand sponsorship revenue lines.
Here are key details about our assets and sourcing needs:
- Digital media properties: Accelerate Change Network Partners maintain deep, digital relationships with millions of people in the US. Each Partner has developed a digital media property with (i) a unique, targeted audience, (ii) content areas that are tailored to its audience, (iii) millions of highly engaged subscribers across Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram. (The application section below provides instructions for contacting us to request information about Accelerate Change Network Partners’ audience, content areas, and reach.)
- Network: The Business Development Consultant will pitch brands/agencies on working with our network of Partners.
- Media partnerships: We’re seeking partnerships with brands interested in reaching Accelerate Change Network Partners’ audiences through branded content and sponsored content. We are interested in developing long-term relationships specifically with media buyers at agencies and brands.
The ideal Business Development Consultant will:
- Have a strong network, media expertise, and advanced sales skills
- Have demonstrated, direct connections to media buying decision-makers at well-aligned brands
- Take an experimental approach to this engagement by quickly assessing the efficacy of a particular approach and immediately pivoting to testing new strategies as needed
The deliverables for this engagement include:
- Securing meetings with key decision-maker at target agencies and brands and beginning to be included in RFPs by media buyers
- Securing at least 2 long-term engagement deals of over $200,000 each by the end of the 6-month engagement
- Sharing ongoing learning about effective practices in brand sponsorship development
- A successful engagement will lead to future opportunities to work with these Partners
For additional background information on Accelerate Change Network Partners (including audience, content areas, and engagement), please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to our Business Development Consultant overview materials.
We invite individuals and companies interested in the Business Development Consultant opportunity to provide information about their approach and upload an initial budget proposal using the Google Form in the provided link.