Temp Fair Assistant - The Other Art Fair
The Other Art Fair is looking for a Temp Fair Assistant (West Coast) to help us deliver the campaigns for the Los Angeles and Dallas editions (4) from our Santa Monica office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Fair Assistant grows with us.
Presented by Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair is a leading art fair for discovering emerging artists, with editions in cities around the world, including New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, London, Toronto, Sydney, and Melbourne. Unlike at traditional art fairs where attendees buy from galleries, The Other Art Fair offers attendees unparalleled direct access to artists, alongside experiential programming, appealing to first-time art buyers and seasoned collectors alike.
Leaf Group is a diversified consumer internet company that builds enduring, creator-driven brands that reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories, including fitness and wellness and art and design. For more information about Leaf Group, visit www.leafgroup.com. We connect people to what they love.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our business forward. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: Fair Director
A typical day as a Temp Fair Assistant might include:
- Supporting the Fair Director to drive local and international artist applications by attending open studios, graduate shows, galleries, and hosted events. Plus, work closely with the marketing team to deliver an effective Call for Artists communications campaign. 500+ applications per fair.
- Supporting the Fair Director with the artist selection process, selection committee engagement, artist confirmation process, and onsite support including the artist workshop and exhibitor networking events onsite.
- Alongside the Sr. Accountant, managing stand payments and artwork sales payments.
- Alongside the Marketing Manager, ensuring artists are effectively marketing their involvement with the fair to help deliver an audience.
- Fair content development. Work with Fair Director and Marketing Manager to find artists for the marketing campaigns and onsite content
- Alongside the Operations Manager, sourcing and managing the onsite team
- Alongside the Fair Director, overseeing the Fair Intern(s) to ensure they are effectively assisting with the artist support processes.
You’ll be successful if you:
- Are able to be flexible, adaptable, collaborative, creative. In some situations, you will be required to make an early start or stay late, sometimes on short notice, often for calls to other global teams.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- Have a willingness to travel.
- Have availability during show cycle.
- Are comfortable as an independent worker, self motivated and energetic.
- Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Can work with teams and individuals collaboratively, proactively and positively
- Have the ability to prioritise in order to achieve revenue targets
- Have a first class work ethic
- Are able to perform at a level that ensures targets and goals are met as a minimum
- Are not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What You Have:
- Experience in an event support role and demonstrated interest in the art world is preferred
- A self-starter who can see what needs to be done and deliver.
- A motivated person who can work well alone and as part of a team.
- Experience of managing clients’ needs and an ability to tailor solutions to meet those needs.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Good copywriting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.