The Director, Mobile Engineering provides strategic technical direction, leads, and manages the onsite and vendor based Software Development of cross-platform applications, including mobile and connected TV applications. The Director, Mobile Engineering works as part of a group of passionate technologists with a clear charter to deliver the best possible web and mobile applications available. The role requires a mix of hands-on application development coding skills along with comprehensive technical knowledge of the components of large-scale content publishing applications, combined with the ability to lead, mentor, and manage a diverse team of technologists with varying levels of experience.Duties & Responsibilities
Working closely with various teams, internal stakeholders, and third party partners on complex projects ensuring development is aligned with our technical strategy and roadmapDevelop a vision for mobile application development at NBC sports and executing your plans to turn that vision into a realityResponsible for the structure, implementation, build, integration and quality assurance of mobile and connected/OTT technologiesProvide hands-on technical and systems architecture design and developmentLead the design, development, and ongoing maintenance of all supported technology platformsCreate and foster collaborative relationships with Product Management, QA, and Operations teams and support them to ensure that products are correctly defined, documented, tested, and released Recruiting and maintaining top tier talent with knowledge and skillsets to keep us moving forward in delivering a top-notch fan experience via our applicationsAssess existing mobile application development processes, tools, metrics, and testing frameworks; adopt what works; and change what doesn’tContinuous improvement of our mobile software development and delivery practicesEvaluation and introduction of new technologies and development practicesManage software developers and engineering leads across multiple teams supporting multiple consumer facing apps on multiple mobile platformsManage and coordinate the activities of mobile application developers, team leads and other stakeholdersBasic Qualifications
- Minimum of eight (8) years of professional engineering experience with progressive complexity and scope
- Technical proficiency in iOS/Android, with a minimum of three (3) years hands on work experience developing both iOS and Android mobile applications at scale
- Bachelor’s Degree M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years as a Director, Manager, Team Lead, or in a Cross-Functional role
- Experience developing for mobile platforms including HTLM5/CSS based and native iOS and Android applications or mobile frameworks, including building and managing APIs for native mobile applications
- Familiarity with AWS best practices, knowledge of content delivery configurations for mobile video and data services
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Passion for professional sports and an interest in digital media
- Innovative and flexible thinker, comfortable suggesting solutions and willing to take risks
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Committed to quality in every assignment, large or small
ABOUT NBC SPORTS GROUP
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, IndyCar, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more. In 2018, NBC Sports Group presented three of the biggest sporting events in the world: Super Bowl LII, the Winter Olympics from PyeongChang, South Korea, and the FIFA World Cup on the networks of Telemundo.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.