Director, Multi Market Sales
Location: Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team selling two strong brands. We are the only station in the market with both English and Spanish language products, and our combined impressions dominate our competition (or something equally bold). The Multi Market Sales Director will direct sales efforts out of the DFW Market/Region. This includes local sales efforts of NBC 5 and T39 (known as Local Duopoly), Multi-Market for all NBC/Telemundo Stations, and Regional Sports Network efforts out of the DFW region. Our directors are key leaders in the organization, helping to drive the strategic direction of sales efforts. Our ideal candidate will have strong sales acumen, shine in creative solutions-based selling, and be skilled in/enjoy growing the skills of his/her staff of AE’s. We are looking for someone with a strong growth mindset who embraces the changing nature of the business and can optimize performance across all properties, both linear and non-linear. This position will report to the Vice Presidents of Sales for all properties. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: · Lead and supervise a team comprised of local and Multi-Market AE’s in DFW. Formulate sales goals and competitive advantage strategies to achieve/surpass revenue targets. This includes Direct sales effort through direct communication and detailed planning. Review strategies with DFW account executives. Provide quick response and turnaround to the sellers and deliver on timelines and commitments.· Actively manage the performance of account executives to ensure high performance across all station(s) platforms:o Core Businesso New Business Developmento Non-Linear (Digital) Sales· Coach AE’s in their strategic approach to their book of business, develop their selling skills, hold them accountable to internal metrics, and help them to achieve their maximum potential· Help AE’s to leverage Integrated Marketing Solutions to maximize sales impact, differentiate NBC and Telemundo in the market, and support clients in achieving their goals· Coach AE’s on their presentation skills and demonstrating a dynamic persuasive presence with their clients· Creatively solve problems to overcome barriers to sales· Work with fellow Sales Directors and Research department on sales planning and pricing strategies, inventory management, market growth and revenue forecasting. · Develop strategies to enhance traditional revenue opportunities as well as identify new revenue streams and lead execution of activation and integration sponsorships. · Identify local decision makers impacting market buys and build strong relationships with customers to maximize share.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 4 years broadcast media sales management experience
• Experience with multi-platform campaigns
• Knowledge of sales computer applications
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV to this job through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be willing to work in Dallas Ft. Worth Facility, just south of DFW airport
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice when circumstances warrant
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution Program
• Ability to train and develop sales talent
• Strong knowledge of the digital media landscape
• Growth mindset - belief that with hard work and effective strategies, we can fulfill our full potential. Setbacks are experienced as an opportunity to grow, not as a threat, and our growth mindset supports our individual and collective success.
• Collaborative: treats all stakeholders, internal and external, with respect and seeks opportunities to collaborate with others to maximize great outcomes.
• Strong Presenter/Influencer: helps their team to understand and demonstrate creativity, and a dynamic, persuasive presence with their clients.
• Client Centric: steward of our client’s experience and helps their team to put together the best combination of products and services that will produce the BEST outcome for their client.
• New business focus: Self-directed and motivated, and continuously helps their team to build a pipeline with a sense of urgency. Quickly identifies and pursues new business opportunities, nurtures existing relationships in the market, and always maintains a pulse on the business environment.
• Ability to motivate, inspire, and hold others accountable
• Strong communicator who is intentional about supporting others in their personal and professional growth.
• Ability to drive toward sales success every single day with energy, urgency, and a desire to win.
• Top 20 market broadcast media sales experience preferred
• Industry contacts, client list including both agencies and client direct contacts
• A demonstrated record of growing market share and outperforming the market.
• Excellent communication skills, initiative, creativity, detail oriented, organizational and analytical skills required
• Strong sense of drive and ambition
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.