Product Designer, Viewing Experience, Peacock
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Work closely with product managers to understand goals for content discovery around the homepage, live video, playlists, search, bingeing and moreOptimize across multiple platforms, including TV, web and mobile, leaning into the capabilities of eachTake designs from concept to wireframe to prototype, and deliver final assets with detailed documentation for developers for multiple renderingsWork closely with external design partners to apply and refine our existing design systemCollaborate with data and research teams on discovery, user testing and validationCollaborate with remote development teams to balance feasibility and usability, and facilitate accurate implementation of designsBe an essential part of defining and advocating for design priorities on the roadmap for apps, mobile, web and partner platformsHelp build a design culture at Peacock
Peacock is seeking a product designer to evolve and elevate the experience of watching entertainment, live, kids, news and sports content on TV, mobile and web. As part of the product team, you will collaborate with product, technology, marketing, data, and insights teams to elegantly solve problems for users while driving business value. This is an opportunity to be the voice of the user on a fast-paced and ambitious service.
In this role, you will:
What you have:Aesthetic sense: An ability to design with taste, and iterate with dataEmpathy: A drive to understand and speak for the userVision: An ability to simplify complex problemsCommunication skills: An ability to build consensus but also respond to and give constructive, candid feedbackDetail orientation: The patience and curiosity to discover and defend the right solution, and iterate rapidlyPassion: An appreciation for design thinking/sprints and a love for creating usable, innovative products
• A strong portfolio reflecting your thoughtful, effective UX and UI decisions
• Experience with visual design, interaction design, and strategic product thinking
• 3-5 years experience in product design, preferably in consumer-facing content experiences
• BA/BFA with a design focus
• Fluency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch and Principle
• Experience with user testing and the design validation process
• Experience designing for multiple platforms, especially TV experiences, mobile and desktop
• Knowledge of additional platforms like Roku, Amazon Fire, Samsung, X1, and voice-enabled devices a plus
• Experience designing for accessibility and international audiences also a plus
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop culture.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture gurus who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs Parks & Recreation trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.