Director of Marketing and Communications, Schwarzman Center
1 day left
- Full Time
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
The Schwarzman Center at Yale University is scheduled to open in 2020 and will be dedicated to cultural programming and student life at the center of the University. It has been designed to bring together students and faculty alike from all of Yale’s schools and colleges, with the help of state-of-the-art technology. The university-wide center will serve as an educational, social, dining and cultural hub while engaging with global audiences.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy for the Yale Schwarzman Center, a new center for student life and the arts. Working with colleagues, this position will identify specific audiences, determine and execute strategy for reaching them, and implement ways to grow and diversify such audiences. Serve as primary writer and editor of content for a range of audiences. Serve as thought-partner to leadership team.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and 8 years professional experience in marketing and/or communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and flexibly with a large number of faculty, staff, students, interns, community members, guest artists and other professionals representing a wide diversity of personalities and cultures.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Proven editorial skills across multiple media such as print, web and social media.
- Strongly proven ability to manage and prioritize complex work load in a calm and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability with press relations, including local, national, print, online and broadcast media campaigns. Demonstrated skills in areas such as training staff for media events and multimedia projects, as well as analyzing website and social media metrics.
- Ability to occasionally work nights and weekends.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Demonstrated leadership skills in marketing and communications. Preferred arts marketing experience. Demonstrated experience in developing communications for a range of media and working with creative professionals in design, photography or video. Strong facility with InDesign, Drupal, CRM platform(s).
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online via the link provided. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.