- Full Time
Cox Automotive Data Solutions is hiring a Product Manager to join our Enterprise Data Foundations area. This role is responsible for building, maintaining, and leading the growth of strategic data assets that combine data from multiple parts of Cox Automotive into robust, comprehensive, and viable data assets that power products and solutions across the Cox Automotive landscape. The Product Manager will act as a key participant in release train processes, as well as be a strong and reliable partner to their delivery team. They will be responsible for defining user stories, prioritizing the team backlog, and contributing a solid understanding of end user needs, technical options, and future capabilities for the product. The Product Manager will collaborate with customers to recommend and promote use of our data assets to fulfill their needs. This position demands frequent interactions with all levels of the organization, both with business unit data users, data scientists, and both centralized and business unit technology partners.
- Collaborate with engineering to produce sharable data assets that are adopted by customers
- Own, prioritize, and maintain the product backlog
- Partner with customers to understand needs and execute on value-added work to increase richness and usability of unified data assets
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” to the delivery team by representing and reinforcing the customer’s perspective throughout product realization cycles
- Partner with a cross-functional team of designers, business analysts, developers, testers, and others to develop and execute against product roadmaps and release plans
- Define the resources, processes, and procedures necessary to provide ongoing support and maintenance
- Institute key performance indicators to monitor the health and efficacy of products
- Collaborate with other product owners, product managers and stakeholders to define, prioritize, and drive realization of product vision to meet quarter goals
- Act as the subject-matter expert for the assets owned by the team
- Break down product features into detail-level stories consumable and testable by a scrum/kanban team
- Provide direction and support to engineering teams
- Accept and review completed stories with a focus on product quality
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with subject matter experts, analysts, data scientists, and technology teams across Cox Automotive in order to support products and services
- Settle disputes between parties effectively and for the best of Cox Automotive; be autonomous and make decisions without oversight when appropriate
- BA or BS degree required; 4+ years of experience in related field (i.e., data and analytics, product and/or product management, IT).
- 2+ years of experience working on cross-functional, high-performing teams
- Successful track record of working with people across multiple disciplines to create, build, and launch successful data and analytic products
- Demonstrated ability to be a highly functioning team member and work on initiatives that require cross-functional teams.
- Creative thinker with an open mind to learn and explore new areas and to develop and recommend opportunities and solutions.
- Strong ability to give clear and consistent instructions to team members, and to lead, motivate, and supervise project and/or working teams.
- Proven execution and product management skills
- Proven ability to scope technical requirements for delivering measurement/analytics plans and products
- Exposure to or familiar with an Agile based methodology is highly desirable
- Desire to learn about all parts of the Cox Automotive business to better understand the data and related processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Preferred experience in the automotive space.
- 10%+ time travel requirement.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.