Senior Product Manager
- Full Time
Cox Automotive Data Solutions is hiring a Sr. Product Manager to join our Enterprise Data Foundations area. This role is responsible for building, maintaining, and leading the growth of wholesale data assets that combine data from parts of Cox Automotive into robust, comprehensive, and viable data assets that power products and solutions across the Cox Automotive landscape. The Sr. Product Manager will act as a key leader in release train processes, as well as be a strong and reliable partner to their delivery teams. They will be responsible for refining the strategy, determining the prioritization of features, defining user stories, and contributing a solid understanding of end user needs, technical options, and future capabilities for the product. The Sr. Product Manager will collaborate with customers to recommend and promote use of our data assets to fulfill their needs. The position demands frequent interactions with all levels of the organization, both with business unit data users, data scientists, and both centralized and business unit technology partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish strategic vision and extended roadmap that meet the data needs of internal and external customers
- Collaborate with engineering to produce sharable data assets that are adopted by customers
- Identify and help curate data assets from across Cox Automotive or other sources that can extend the relevancy and completeness of our wholesale data assets
- Define the resources, processes, and procedures necessary to provide ongoing support and maintenance
- Institute key performance indicators to monitor the health and efficacy of products
- Drive continuous optimization of data sets based on customer feedback, performance results, and new capabilities
- Interact regularly with customers, sales, and support to capture business requirements and communicate the product strategy and roadmap
- Promote data integrity by creating necessary controls and processes around the flow of data
- Own, prioritize, and maintain the product backlog
- Partner with customers to understand needs and execute on value-added work to increase richness and usability of wholesale data assets
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” to the delivery team by representing and reinforcing the customer’s perspective throughout product realization cycles
- Partner with a cross-functional team of designers, business analysts, developers, testers, and others to develop and execute against product roadmaps and release plans
- Collaborate with other product owners, product managers and other stakeholders to define, prioritize, and drive realization of product vision to meet quarter goals
- Act as the subject-matter expert for the assets owned by the team
- Break down product features into detail-level stories consumable and testable by a scrum/kanban team
- Provide direction and support to engineering teams
- Accept and review completed stories with a focus on product quality
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with subject matter experts, analysts, data scientists, and technology teams across Cox Automotive in order to support products and services
- Settle disputes between parties effectively and for the best of Cox Automotive; be autonomous and make decisions without oversight when appropriate
- 8+ years of increasing and relevant experience in the automotive industry and product management
- Academic background or equivalent work experience in business, product, computer science, engineering, or related field
- Strong ability to give clear and consistent instructions to team members, and to lead, motivate, and supervise project and/or working teams.
- Desire to learn about all parts of the Cox Automotive business to better understand the data and related processes.
- Creative thinker with an open mind to learn and explore new areas and to develop and recommend opportunities and solutions.
- Successful track record of working with people across multiple disciplines to create, build, and launch successful data and analytic products
- Proven execution and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven leadership skills in a global matrix environment, evidenced by obtaining results through cross-functional, cross-business unit efforts across different geographies and cultures
- Track record of success establishing buy-in for ideas across functions and business units
- Experience working in a Safe Agile environment preferred
- 10%+ time travel requirement
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.