Junior Designer Adult
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Junior Designer will work with both the Art Director on design implementation and the Design Manager to ensure smooth departmental workflow. This is a growth position with the potential to create original book and cover designs. The Junior Designer will support the Adult Design Dept. with a focus on Abrams Noterie and Image imprints.
- Design books and gift/stationery products based on templates provided by art directors
- Originate cover and interior book designs
- Input text and image corrections on existing designs
- Preﬂight fles for print
- Packaging fles for release
- Convert sample pages/images/spreads for iblad, ppt, catalog, trade shows, etc.
- Create and print thumbnails, contact sheets and routing passes.
- Assist in trafcking projects to and from editorial and production
- vAssist art director with preparation for cover meetings
- Assist with various administrative duties
- 2+ years of experience in print design
- BFA preferred
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite
- Illustration and/or handlettering skills a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- A proactive person with strong communication and collaboration skills
- Portfolio is strongly required to be considered
To apply for a position at ABRAMS, please complete the employment application via the link provided.