Digital Marketing Manager, CEP Business Development
- Full Time
Digital Marketing Manager, CEP Business Development
Who We Are:
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? When you join Discovery Education, you'll be part of a fast-growing global team that empowers teachers with best-in-class digital curriculum that connects learning to the real-world so that every student can achieve to their highest potential. We’re the global leader in standards-based digital curriculum for K-12 classrooms, positively impacting students by aligning with strategic partners and educational institutions to deliver award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development and the largest networked learning community of its kind.
With a diverse portfolio of partners – big brands, social impact organizations, sports leagues and non-profits, our Corporate Education Partnerships (“CEP”) team is mission-driven and leads the development of public/private partnerships to drive measurable impact at scale. With a focus on equity and access, the Corporate Partnerships team connects the world’s most iconic brands to our global network of schools and influencers, bringing the real world to the classroom and activating communities through dynamic partnerships with organizations that share our mission to positively impact youth achievement.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
Explore the future of education at DiscoveryEducation.com.
What You'll Do:
You will own the creation and execution of go-to-market digital marketing strategies to drive lead gen in support of cultivating new partnerships with like-minded organizations who share our mission to have a measurable impact on youth achievement. Specifically, you will build a pipeline of opportunities through outbound digital engagement and demand generation activities with Associations, Foundations, Fortune 500 Companies, Non-Profits, and Philanthropists that share Discovery Education’s mission. These channels include, but are not limited to; search, social, email, re-targeting, online ads, content, website, etc.
- Strategize, develop and activate digital outreach strategies that cultivate and nurture relationships with decision-making individuals responsible for education, social impact, and/or workforce readiness programming within qualified partner organizations.
- Maintain a real-time pulse on the larger audience of potential prospective partners through proactive, in-depth research that integrates into support timely business development strategies.
- Manage accurate/timely records within CRM tools of business development activities and coordinate development reports and outreach dashboards regarding all prospective partner activities.
- Appropriately and pro-actively merchandise the success of Discovery Education’s existing partnerships with organizations and school districts.
- Proactively maintain a thorough understanding of Discovery Education’s overall goals and strategic vision for the future of education, and the private sector’s role within the mission to re-imagine teaching and learning.
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends, current events, and related information that may impact the business by reading professional publications, researching relevant studies and white papers and gleaning best practices from relevant professional organization thought leadership events.
Who You Are:
Do you enjoy connecting with people to match-make problems with solutions? Do you enjoy the thrill of a hunt? Do you like to think and communicate creatively? Are you opportunity and revenue-minded?
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3+ years’ experience managing B2B demand generation campaigns and the ability to demonstrate proven results in successfully planning, executing, building programs and reports in Marketo and Salesforce, and analyzing results.
You will be responsible for nurturing healthy internal and external relationships with the intent of building lead generation program value, direct response execution, strategically messaging the opportunity for purpose-driven collaboration, promoting Discovery Education’s CEP thought leadership and creating an environment for continuous campaign improvement.
- Mission-Driven: Passionate about Discovery Education's vision to transform teaching and learning, experience in education or ed-tech industry a plus
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required – preferably in marketing, communications, business or related fields
- Knowledge & Skills: Knowledge of CRM database, Business Development Strategies, Excel, Keynote/ PowerPoint, Marketo, Salesforce; ON24 (automated demoing software), Sprout Social, Google Analytics
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Leadership: Strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency, flawless organization skills, and ability to inspire others to act and fulfill Discovery Education’s mission
- Collaborative: Positive, solution-oriented team player with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment; team player/ builder with the humility to be focused on the success of the collective over individual
- Hustle: The courage and confidence to work hard and with passion; committed to getting the job done; sustain effort in the face of adversity. Maintain consistency and focus over time with a positive “never give up” attitude
- Self-Motivation and Self-Starter: Driven self-starter with the ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach
- Learning Orientation: Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations
- Sense of Humor: Because we all need to laugh sometimes
- Flexibility: Candidates must be willing to travel 40-50% of the time to meet with partners, customers, or internal meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required and advanced degree’s preferred
- Legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.