Machinist Apprentice, AJC
- Full Time
The Industrial Maintenance Machinist Apprentice will learn the skill necessary to maintain and repair production equipment. Upon achieving the skills required to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment s/he will be eligible for promotion to Machinist position.
Job Duties and Job Tasks:
Individual selected will be trained to diagnose, repair, and maintain production equipment through hands-on experience. There may also be some additional training required via online or in person courses. The training will focus on:
• The operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Finding the sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removing defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts; and then replacing repaired parts or new parts.
• Determining changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
• Determining and limiting downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Fabricating repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
• Maintaining equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge, Productivity
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience
Journeyman Machinist preferred with at least 2 years of experience.
Minimum of 4 years of experience in basic mechanical knowledge that may include all or some portion of welding and pipe fitting, HVAC, construction (plumbing/electrical), or similar work preferred.
Working knowledge of MS Office desired.
Good communication and Interpersonal skills, ability to take Initiative, ability to work In a fast paced, diverse-team environment, ability to take and follow instructions, able to work overtime and holidays as required.
Any experience relating to running Lathe, Milling Machine, and Surface Grinder.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.