Data Analyst, Marketing
- Full Time
AFAR Media is looking for a data analyst to own metrics and provide insight and guidance to our busy, innovative marketing team. AFAR’s focus is on growth and revenue and the marketing data analyst is a key role in helping us achieve success in these areas. We’re looking for someone to identify, instrument, and gather data for partner marketing campaigns, organize it in a meaningful way for internal users, optimize ongoing campaigns for maximum reach, and help tell the story of AFAR’s impact to our partners and clients.
- Collaborate with marketing team members to understand the goals of each partner’s marketing campaign, translate them into metrics, and implement measurement before launch
- Help the marketing and sales teams use data to tell clear stories demonstrating the impact of AFAR’s custom content and other innovative programs
- Build self-service dashboards and ad-hoc reports to show the performance of various marketing tactics, site sections, and editorial products.
- Use multiple data sources to develop clear insights about AFAR’s audience profile and behavior for use by advertisers, partners, and internal team members
- Develop, implement, analyze, and report on A/B tests to maximize campaign performance. Translate performance data into actionable insights, and helps the team learn from each project
- Conduct broader market research on the travel and media industries to provide valuable insights to partners and clients and situate AFAR’s offerings within the industry
- Collaborate with the ad operations and audience development teams to extract advertiser data and campaign performance metrics
- Tackle complex and ambiguous analytic projects: resolve ambiguity as much as possible in all stages, comfortably shift between various tools to answer complicated questions, and accurately identify trade-offs and ROI
- Collaborate with Data Analytics Manager to coordinate metrics reporting and data storage for consistency, clarity, and efficiency across the organization
- 3-5 years in a consumer-focused, quantitative role
- Media experience strongly preferred
- Fluency in data analysis and communication around data, including experimentation, data visualization, and defining KPI strategy for the business.
- Strong communicator adept at presenting complex data and your findings in a contextual and relevant way to non-technical stakeholders across the company
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, A/B testing frameworks, Excel, and data visualization tools required
- Experience with developing, implementing, and reporting on A/B tests
- Experience with SocialFlow and Sailthru and Ipsos valued
- Understanding of how user tracking works, sampling and statistical significance
Good to Know:
AFAR is moving quickly, has big plans for the future, and is searching for someone as determined as we are who will thrive in our fast-paced and exciting environment. If you crave constant direction and predictability, this is probably not the media company for you. At AFAR our employees step up, step in, take ownership and wear as many hats as needed to achieve our goals and get the job done.
- Passionate about travel and great travel content; an embrace of our vision of helping drive consumers from inspiration to action.
- A “driver” personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- No hesitation in rolling up your sleeves and tackling something hands-on