The Manager of Video Operations will oversee the distribution and support of NBCU’s digital properties including live streams and VOD assets to internal and external distribution partners and platforms. The Manager will oversee the operations in a Digital Operations Center that will facilitate the monitoring and control of the video deliveries and associated infrastructure. The operation will include real-time monitoring of live streams and VOD delivery workflows, through a set of data aggregation tools across the entire distribution chain. Responsibilities Lead Operations and Support personnel to ensure the availability and reliability of NBCUniversal assets distributed to Peacock App and the end consumerCoach, mentor, lead, train, and manage a diverse team for overall organizational successPrimary Stakeholder for a specific product under Digital Operations (Live Events, Linear Streaming, VOD, or Ad Integration)Own and manage strong working relationships with internal brands and external partnersOptimize and schedule all resources needed throughout the Operations teamManage operators and supervisors, including escalation, resolution and reporting across the digital footprintLead strong partnership with our engineering and digital teams to implement new technologies, resolve partner issues, and maintain minimal on-air disruptionReview and manage all employee schedules and staff supervisors accordingly during peak windowsTrack all Maintenance windows and ensure they will not impact on-air productionBasic Qualifications
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in Digital Operations
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in Product Support or Dev Ops
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a Network Operations Center or digital distribution facility
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a role with a track record of effective staff management along with high energy level, and strong team skills
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience leading a support team to effective issue resolution
- Knowledge of common persistence frameworks
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Willingness and ability to work or be on call at any time, sometimes on short notice in order to support a 24/7/365 operation
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- BA/BS in related field
- Extensive experience, understanding and knowledge of digital product and distribution systems, standards and processes
- Strategic project management leadership
- Technical experience with digital video and audio, troubleshooting and test techniques
- Prior experience with video encoding, delivery distribution workflows
- Experience with scheduling and resource management
- Strong attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills
- Effectively flexible in approach, and responds well to pressure
- A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.