We’re looking for a solutions-minded, analytical, and detail-oriented individual who is motivated by measurement challenges and brings strong project management skills to be a Director, Sales Research. The Director, Sales Research is comfortable in a fast-changing business environment, can oversee multiple projects spanning varied data sources and teams, and is comfortable engaging with all levels of the organization. The Director, Sales Research will be partnering closely with the Sales, Integrated Marketing and Vertical Research teams, and will be primarily responsible for vetting, recommending and managing custom campaign performance measurement vendors and solutions, developing client-specific pre-sell positioning and post-campaign results reporting from a variety of syndicated and custom sources, and leveraging deep analytical and creative data interpretation skills to support deal acquisition and maintenance.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the primary contact for and manager of custom research studies and Client-Specific research storytelling from a variety of research and published sources in support of the Entertainment Integrated Marketing team, and all custom campaign and ad format measurement assignments for linear and digital across Entertainment Sales.
- Create supporting analyses and sales collateral for Integrated Marketing pitches and provide research presentations for deal recaps.
- Provide analysis and insights to drive recommendations for optimal performance metrics aligned with client objectives to help secure partnerships and prove value of return engagement
- Manage data policy and legal approval of all prospective custom research vendors across Sales Verticals, and coordinate joint campaign performance studies across verticals
- Help manage Sales Research support team in development of consumer research analyses and pre-sell pitch materials for Entertainment Sales
- Assist in development and maintenance of a robust attribution practice includes testing and learning to build and refresh a roster of best-in-class vendors, develop brand/category performance benchmarks to aid in conversion metric forecasting, perform methodological review of different approaches, advance best practices
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years’ experience managing junior team members
- Experience in Market Research study design, questionnaire writing and programming
- Experience in TV and digital research methods
- Strong Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Tableau experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have ability to analyze and interpret large audience measurement data sets and find the narrative
- Knowledge of Linear and Non-Linear measurement and processing tools: Nielsen, comScore, Adobe/Omniture, Segment, Nielsen NPower and AdIntel, Phoenix TV Brand Effects, SMI, Lake 5 Media
- Overall familiarity with Linear and Nonlinear advertising and technology processes is preferred
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to multitask and handle numerous projects concurrently
- BA/BS/MS in Economics, Statistics, Quantitative Methods preferred