Digital Campaign Specialist
- Full Time
The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day more than half the world's population sees news from AP.
The Associated Press seeks a highly detail oriented and strategic Digital Campaign Specialist to join the AP Content Services team. based in its headquarters in New York.
The Digital Campaign Specialist plays a key role in day-to-day operations for direct and programmatic digital sales. This position works with internal and external contacts at all levels of management to pitch advertising solutions, manage campaigns and optimize performance.
The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of digital advertising campaign planning and operations, including sponsorships, display, video, native solutions, branded content and social media. This role is involved in the complete lifecycle of media programs, including pre-sale pitches, campaign implementation, troubleshooting, pacing, optimization, client support, and reporting. To be considered, you must be motivated, independent, and able to manage multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment.
Reports to Senior Manager, Ad Solutions.
- Serve as the first point of contact for incoming RFPs and client inquiries
- Create media plans, sales presentations and proposals to meet clients’ strategic objectives
- Coordinate asset collection, trafficking, testing and troubleshooting for campaigns when needed
- Prepare kick-off decks and participate in calls with clients to communicate expectations and timelines
- Manage the day-to-day campaign setup, monitoring, pacing and optimization process, ensuring that all deadlines and KPI objectives are met and that client expectations are exceeded
- Provide screenshots, proof of performance, reporting and status updates to clients throughout their campaigns
- Compile campaign learnings and prepare wrap decks to provide insights on past performance and recommendations for future activity
- Compile additional reports, data, analysis and research for marketing/pitch purposes and in response to client requests
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years of relevant ad operations or ad sales support experience at a publisher or agency
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Word is required
- Visual storyteller and exceptional user of PowerPoint Ad trafficking experience and knowledge of Google Ad Manager and Google Analytics is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills for communication across multiple departments and levels of management, as well as with clients and external contacts
- Must be highly motivated, independent and detail-oriented Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and within deadlines
- Possesses the ability to strategize and offer creative solutions to grow revenue and provide the optimal client experience Knowledge of the programmatic landscape, as well as PMP and programmatic guaranteed deals is a plus
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required. Authorization to work in the United States for any employer is mandatory.
Application deadline is 11:59pm EST on November 14, 2019
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.