Trade Sales Representative
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Trade Sales Representative will be responsible for the sale of all Abrams imprints to Baker & Taylor, Ingram, Bookazine, Follett, Scholastic, several educational wholesalers.
- Work with Scholastic, Follet, Ingram, and Baker & Taylor, and several educational wholesalers and local accts to execute sales, promotion, and co-op strategies.
- Liaise between various departments at ABRAMS to coordinate execution of sales and promotions.
- Present new and appropriate backlist titles to current accounts on a semi-annual basis –travel is required.
- Create promotions and exclusives to support both frontlist and backlist sales.
- Build and maintain relationships with buyers.
- Regularly pursue new opportunities with buyers.
- Process orders, provide title information and manage inventory for accounts.
- Analyze sales per account on a monthly basis.
- Forecast sales based on trends and sales history.
- Attend launch and sales meetings and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Attend EBMA annually.
- Travel to major accounts twice a year, visit local accounts twice a year with relationship building visits throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s degree; minimum 4-5 years of book publishing and educational sales experience.
- Strong ability to deliver effective presentations internally and externally.
- Creative, outgoing, team player with an enthusiastic and highly motivated drive to increase sales grow business
- Efficient & Detail oriented.
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills, efficient & organized email management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Must be a confident/experienced traveler.
- The candidate must have the ability to think independently, work under pressure with tight deadlines, and as part of a team.
To apply for a position at ABRAMS, please complete the employment application by clicking the link provided.