Washington D.C Bureau Chief
- Full Time
The New York Post is looking for an energetic editor to help guide our national politics coverage, with an eye toward the 2020 election.
- Be highly knowledgeable about politics on a national and international scale, with a broad source network and understanding of the most important issues of the day.
- Break major stories that will appeal to national and global audiences.
- Be able to cultivate clear, authoritative copy in a competitive, deadline-driven environment.
- Anticipate and quickly respond to major news developments involving the players and personalities who drive the national conversation.
- Spot under-the-radar or offbeat stories and advance them for a wider readership.
- Be self-sufficient and able to multitask, managing reporters and coordinating coverage with other editors.
- Have at least five years of Washington journalism experience.
- Be based in the Washington metropolitan area.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.