Senior Director, Digital Content & Editorial
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Lead the NBC Entertainment Digital Editorial & Content Management team responsible for daily editorial curation of the NBC entertainment app, and the programming of Cable Entertainment streaming apps (i.e. Bravo, E!, SYFY, USA, & Oxygen)Create and maintain monthly editorial / promotional calendar for nbc.com and all network apps Manage team of digital content editors to support daily app and site operations, including building content on a CMS platform on a daily basis and write source code when necessary. Must have the ability and willingness to manage an ever-changing content pipeline 7 days a week, including the creation of playlists and content shelves.Create, manage and lead execution of testing roadmap, working alongside marketing technology vendors and NBC Digital internal stakeholders to execute tests and implement new capabilities Work with data team to maintain editorial dashboards in Domo, making improvements to ensure insights are actionableDeliver monthly editorial recap reports, including analyzing results and making recommendations for future effortsPartner with UI/UX on new editorial capabilities and provide input on requirementsWork alongside NBC Sports, NBC News, and other NBCU business units to stay abreast of upcoming tentpole events and to promote and support those teams’ programming priorities.
The Senior Director of Digital Content & Editorial leads the team responsible for editorial curation and programming of nbc.com and the NBC app – home to some of the best entertainment from America’s #1 Network. This leader is also responsible for editorial across the suite of NBCU Cable Entertainment network apps, including Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY and USA.
The Digital Content & Editorial team is responsible for driving key customer engagement and video consumption metrics by curating programming across a variety of audience segments. The ideal candidate will be a data driven-thinker who uses insights and analysis to guide editorial strategies and daily operational decisions, so that the right content is surfaced to the right customer at the right time. This is a critical leadership role that continues to help shape the audience of a large video streaming platform.
The consummate team player, this candidate will partner across functions and business units to drive new show discovery by editorializing & programming a variety of content across streaming video apps throughout NBCU. This person will have a knack for understanding the needs of various stakeholders, and will know how to coordinate with them effectively.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing a high-traffic digital editorial, e-commerce or video (video app services a plus)
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a writer and editor
• Adept writing and copy-editing skills, helping bring television and feature stories to life across a variety of platforms (i.e. Apple News, Podcasts, etc)
• Demonstrated experience with analyzing data to make editorial & content recommendations. Previous experience with A/B testing preferred.
• Familiarity working with data visualization software like Tableau or DOMO
• Previous experience working with colleagues from various business functions including marketing, analytics, creative, product management and video operations.
• Highly proficient at leveraging Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (including pivot tables) to deliver executive level presentations. The ability to convey complex information simply & succinctly will be critical
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Passion for TV, movies, and pop culture.
• Previous television, music or entertainment industry experience.
• Organized with an acute attention to detail and focus on delivering excellence.
• Flexibility and an ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and project management skills
• Self-starter who can work independently, is proactive, resourceful and possess good follow-through.
• An understanding of SEO data analysis and ability to apply knowledge by optimizing—and proposing—site content for organic search intent.
• Experience with mParticle, Amplitude, LaunchDarkly, DOMO, and/or JIRA a plus.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.