Manager, Scripted Content
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Bring in TV projectsWrite notes on new and existing projectsRead scripts for consideration as potential projectsIdentifying new talent (directors, writers)Overseeing short-form branded content pieces
DreamWorks TV is looking for a manager in the scripted department of their kids’ division. The candidate should have a minimum of 6+ years storytelling experience in TV, features and/or digital content. A strong passion for and understanding of current trends is vital, along with a voracious appetite for TV and film.
The role will require bringing in new material, developing it for long form content, having deep relationships with representatives, writers and directors, and keeping up with our target audience.
• 6+ years experience in a creative role developing content
• Excellent storytelling skills - must know how to assess a TV or feature script to determine its viability, and recognize what is working and what is not
• Experience with writing notes is essential
• Encyclopedic knowledge of comedic movies and television
• Comedic sensibility and/or background a must
• An understanding and interest in digital content
• Interest in creating content for kids 8-12 years old
• Geek culture interest a plus
• Resourcefulness and ability to juggle projects and tasks is crucial
• Creative, frugal approach to problem solving
• Excellent organization, time management, and problem solving
• Background and experience in animation a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.