- Full Time
Who we are:
Blue Heron is a research firm specializing in providing qualitative due diligence to a wide range of clients. We apply the fundamentals of investigative and business journalism – detailed interviews and meticulous public records searches – to uncover the unvarnished truth about a company from developments on the factory floor to strategic level reputational and growth prospects.
What you’ll do:
An Editorial Associate will be responsible for editing interview transcripts for readability and clarity as well as writing reports on the content of interviews with sources who have knowledge of industries, companies, or individuals our clients would like to learn more about.
An ideal candidate:
- Has at least a bachelor’s degree
- Has 3+ years of experience as a professional editor, preferably in a journalistic setting
- Has exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously both as an individual and in collaboration with a team
- Is adept at quickly gaining an understanding of novel, complex systems and describing them to others in an easy to understand manner
- Excels at internalizing and adhering to house style guides and adopting an organization’s voice.
- Has a background or interest in finance
- Has a keen eye for detail
- Is a self-starter who takes initiative beyond explicitly stated goals or targets
- Can collaborate with a global workforce in person, over the phone, and through electronic means effectively
- Has a strong sense of ethics and can be trusted with confidential information
This position requires physical presence at the London office, located in the St. James district.
The base salary for this position is £40,000 per year, negotiable based upon experience.
How to apply:
- Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: London Editor. If we think you could be a good match, we’ll be in touch to let you know the next steps. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive for these positions, we are not able to acknowledge every application.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For more information about our company please visit https://www.blueheronrp.com.