We are looking for a Digital Ad Product Manager to help build out and support Meredith’s world-class digital ad products portfolio. Meredith is actively working to innovate new products and to bring fresh capabilities to the market. This role involves driving the management of ad products throughout the product lifecycle: from strategy through to launch and support. The Digital Ad Product Manager will work with key stakeholders from groups across the company – senior leadership, product, edit, video, revenue operations, marketing, sales and more. Ultimately, the position is meant to play an integral role in driving revenue. We seek a team player who is collaborative, resourceful, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, adept at communicating to groups (small and large) and wants to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Here is what you will do:
Create great digital ad products that align with and drive our strategy: ideate concepts, build business cases, define requirements, guide development, coordinate launch, communicate value proposition, orchestrate marketing, and support execution. Cultivate expertise relating to Meredith’s digital ad products with a focus on key areas and verticals. Use that expertise to assist in responding to questions/requests from groups throughout the organization with the aim of increasing ad sales and growing profitability on sold deals. Liaise and collaborate to evolve and optimize current ad product offerings and to identify new opportunities for revenue growth. Vet new product and packaging ideas emanating from outside of the Ad Product team. Evaluate the strategic potential of third-party organizations and vendors; build and maintain relationships with selected partners. Update and evangelize the Ad Product Playbook. Help bolster supporting materials: demo sites, FAQs, activation guides, etc. Provide ongoing guidance and training on products and supporting documents.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum two to three years product development/digital advertising experience working with a publisher, agency, or software company, preferably with a background in one or more types of advertising: social, e-commerce, programmatic, influencer, display, native or video.
- Results-oriented self-starter and creative problem solver who is eager to get involved and do whatever it takes to get the job done well.
- Dependable project management skills with a focus on making progress manifest and on delivering tangible results.
- Excellent time management skills – must handle multiple responsibilities and consistently meet deadlines with the ability to adapt to evolving responsibilities and last-minute changes.
- Strong skills in both writing and speaking – and preferably comfortable addressing large groups and speaking extemporaneously.