Sr. Copywriting Specialist
- Full Time
Location: (Our new digs in San Felasco Tech City)
13025 NW US Highway 441
Alachua, Florida 32615
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Salary Range DOE: $60,000 - $80,000
Minimum Requirements for Consideration:
- 7+ years experience copywriting for brands in either an in-house or agency setting
- Experience writing for e-commerce brands
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications or other related fields
Who is Fracture?
Fracture’s mission is to help the world focus on moments that matter. Our first product, Fracture glass prints, allow you to print your images directly onto glass and have them shipped right to you in our custom-designed packaging. Check it out at Fracture. We've sold over 950,000 fractures to 325,000+ customers in 130 countries, but this is just the beginning - we're just scratching the surface of our potential. Our uniqueness stems from the fact that we actually design, engineer, and manufacture something tangible, 100% in house. Real. That's what we love about what we do. We're blending cutting edge E-commerce with lean manufacturing to make your favorite digital images become real. We do all this, while focused on treading on our planet lightly.
Summary of Position
The Sr. Copywriting Specialist takes the lead role in key functions related to the copywriting team: editing, training, supervising, etc. They also work as a member of the marketing team to produce written content across the company’s media channels including blogs, landing pages, email, and social media posts. This position also collaborates with the marketing team to assist in the ideation and execution of written content strategy.
Reports to: Director of Content
Supervisory Position: No
What's the gig?
- Embody the values of the Fracture brand through a commitment to the ethical and sustainable use of environmental resources in and out of the workplace.
- Collaborate with various members of our marketing team to develop content marketing materials to include the blog, email, social media, and website copy.
- Editing content pieces produced by other copywriting team members.
- Supervises or acts as a lead for the functional aspects copywriting team.
- Manages ongoing copywriting education/training for both copywriters and marketing team members.
- Effectively interpret creative briefs and direction into a copy that is compelling, engaging and on-brand.
- Produce error-free copy that adheres to the company’s branding and style guidelines.
- Manage multiple projects at once, while consistently delivering upon deadlines.
- ~10% of travel may be necessary to support company-sponsored events, functions, and conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on the needs of the department, business, and organization and as communicated by management.
What's it take to be successful?
- Deep understanding of the customer journey and the role that content plays in both building that relationship and driving sales.
- Knowledgeable about current industry SEO best practices.
- Experience copywriting for brands in either an in-house or agency setting.
- Intermediate experience writing for Ecommerce brands (three-plus years).
- Intermediate experience and proficiency level with PC, Mac, Google Suite, and Asana.
- Ability to adapt writing style to embody a particular voice in adherence to brand guidelines.
- Skilled at crafting copy that is human, emotive and customer-centric.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication, business professional, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and time management/multi-tasking skills to deliver tasks on time; comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Natural creativity and ability to contribute fresh ideas in a team and cross-functional team brainstorming and collaboration sessions.
- Have a learner mindset with a student mentality and a desire to constantly learn more and sharpen existing skills; continuous professional development.
- Exhibit a self-starter attitude, a sense of initiative, self-motivation with a positive attitude.
- Delivering results. Consistently overcomes obstacles to meet goals. Anticipates problems, is proactive to minimize issues and initiates action to deal with problems as they arise.
- Adapting to change and leading change. Encourages others to accept change and gives them an understanding of the reason for the change. Highlights potential improvements in current systems, processes, and procedures.
- Emotional Intelligence. Is skillful in being able to identify, regulate and recognize emotions both in oneself and others.
- Team player, engagement, and building. Is collaborative in approach and committed to the pursuit of team goals.
What's in it for you?
This full-time position will be located in Gainesville, FL with the rest of the company and report directly to the Sr. Manager of Content. We’re offering a competitive salary, equity, and health care benefits - to name the tangibles. As far as intangibles, we are committed to a safe, positive and enthusiastic work environment with an amazing culture. We believe our team is the core of everything and we put our people first.
Every single one of us is in this because of the opportunity at hand. Over 1 trillion digital images were taken in 2018, and smartphone cameras are only getting stronger. Photos are people's #1 social assets. The company that figures out how to tap into people's photos and uses them to create disruptive, innovative and affordable photo-products will completely change the photo industry. We believe our hard work and innovation will make that happen. What’s in it for you? You can be a part of this amazing team that makes this happen!
A little bit about our Gainesville, FL community!
Nestled just north of Gainesville is Fracture’s brand new home for 2019 and beyond: a 30,000 square foot facility in San Felasco Tech City. Brand new and completely solar-powered, the new Fracture space is where all the magic happens, from conception to production, and everything in between.
As for Gainesville itself, it’s a hip mid-sized city with a highly educated population and a killer quality of life. We’re located in beautiful North Central Florida and are conveniently located ~2 hours away from Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville. A glimpse of Gainesville in 60 seconds! Gainesville is a professional and family-oriented community providing a great Live, Work and Play atmosphere.
Fracture, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/LBGTQ – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Talent Management Department.