- Full Time
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to join our corporate advertising sales team. Working with the Senior Marketing Manager, the marketing manager’s key tasks include: sales enablement, project management, and account management. You’ll be heavily involved in copywriting, copy editing, PowerPoint design, and sponsor content article design. In this role, you’ll directly support The Chronicle’s revenue priorities by helping manage integrated marketing campaigns for Chronicle Intelligence content and managing and reporting on outbound client content marketing campaigns.
- Work with sales team to deliver strong sales presentations and recommendations for advertising clients resulting in increased sales.
- Develop and manage content products that meet client marketing objectives
- Work with senior marketing manager to innovate products that meet changing client needs
- Efficient and effective communication with internal stakeholders, keeping them informed of product needs, project progress, and soliciting feedback when needed
- Assist with developing sales tools, and marketing materials for product lines.
- Lead kick off calls and other program communication with clients
- Ensure the successful implementation, fulfillment and measurement of programs
- Develop project briefs to relay key information to Marketing Communications team to achieve product and persona-level goals
- Manage project schedules in conjunction with other departments (Sales, Marcomm, Business Marketing, etc.) to ensure that sponsorship programs and marketing deliverables meet expected outcomes; deadlines are met, and programs are executed on time. Provide weekly updates to management as appropriate.
- Actively monitor performance of all client programs and work with Marcomm team to optimize campaigns
- Develop and maintain dashboards for marketing KPIs and sponsorship to optimize performance of campaigns and deliver timely reporting to all stakeholders.
- Manage processes for post-implementation process, including client communication and program wrap up
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field and at least 5 years marketing experience supporting sales and revenue goals
- Excellent writing ability; presentation, and organizational and project management skills, and demonstrated ability in writing promotional copy.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel is required.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is preferred
- Professional, highly detailed team player who thrives in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience in content marketing and lead generation is highly desired.
- Experience with developing and managing integrated sponsor campaigns.
- Media experience is preferred.
- Strong ability to adapt daily tasks based on shifting client priorities
How to apply:
We’d love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and any examples of your work with copywriting and/or one-sheet designs to firstname.lastname@example.org with “marketing manager” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive, and we offer excellent benefits and 5 weeks of vacation.