Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing
- Full Time
Our mission: increase investment and participation in 4‑H programs so we can support the next generation of true young leaders. National 4‑H Council (Council) is committed to providing leadership and resources so that 4‑H programs are available to youth across the US. Our executive leadership team and Board of Trustees are dedicated to the belief that helping kids achieve their boldest dreams empowers not only them but also our communities to thrive today, tomorrow, and beyond. Council supports national and state 4‑H programs with a focus on fundraising, brand management, communications, and legal and fiduciary services. Council also oversees the National 4‑H Conference Center, and the National 4‑H Supply Service, the authorized agent for items bearing the 4‑H Name and Emblem.
Council seeks an experienced Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing to lead and manage integrated marketing initiatives, supporting a partnership between America’s Cooperative Extension System 4-H and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation focused on health equity. The Senior Manager will be responsible for developing integrated marketing plans that simultaneously advance 4-H’s diverse brand goals. Primary responsibilities include developing a wide variety of written communications materials and overseeing marketing and thought leadership content aligned to health equity. In addition, the Senior Manager will manage integrated marketing campaigns in collaboration with other Marketing & Brand groups.
- Work in collaboration with fundraising, grant management, and program colleagues to support the seamless implementation of foundation partnerships and orchestrate and facilitate integrated brand campaigns in coordination with respective subject matter experts to ensure cohesive roll-outs.
- Manage logistics for the youth ambassador message, media training and video production, assist with organizing impact stories, and manage reporting of external communications activities.
- Provide marketing counsel to the team – review presentations; provide thought leadership and other content for appropriate branding and messaging
- Provide project management support to ensure timely completion of all partnership marketing deliverables.
- In collaboration with partners, support the Marketing Team in the ideation, creation, and execution of integrated marketing deliverables, including, but not limited to, events, grassroots outreach, local and national media relations campaigns, and social and digital activation.
- Coordinate meetings and prepare partnership and initiative reports for highlighting PR and marketing activities and opportunities, including the development of media materials.
- Serve as a key contact for the earned media vendor, managing and reporting on local earned media outreach activities.
- In collaboration with the Account Manager, Corporate, manage and oversee budget expenditures.
- Develop a wide variety of written communications materials, including press releases, feature articles, opinion editorials, and messaging and content for Corporate and Foundation partnerships.
- Develop a marketing strategy for the Well Connected Communities program, including internal and external strategies.
- Develop communication tools, resources, and training as part of the Initiative’s Communication Resources to include toolkits, fact sheets, templates, FAQs, video resources, and digital/email communication.
- Foster relationships with Cooperative Extension leaders and staff across the country to promote partnerships and amplify success stories of youth development happenings at the local level.
- Integrate donor deliverables and messaging into Council’s overall consumer-facing efforts.
- Lead marketing strategy development and integration for all current funder renewal proposals and support the planning of integrated marketing deliverables during the development of new donor proposals.
Skills and Qualification
- Must have a minimum of seven years of relevant public relations/marketing experience, preferably with marketing or public relations agency experience.
- Must have prior experience working with cross-departmental teams in support of corporate activation and planning activities.
- Proven experience developing PR and integrated marketing campaigns with strategies and tactics that are connected to tangible metrics and outcomes
- Previous experience in health care, foundations a plus.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, project management, and written and oral skills, with the needed attention to detail to facilitate relationship building.
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work quickly and accurately under deadlines.
- Track record of managing projects to successful completion on time and within budget.
- Must be a strategic and creative thinker with the ability to conceptualize new ideas and work in a fast-paced environment.
Travel Requirements: May require travel for up to 10% of the time (local, regional, national) by air, car, and, or rail.
Position typically has the following Career Ladder:
- Senior Director