Process Manager IV - Supply Chain
- Full Time
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
Cox Communications, Inc. is seeking a Process Manager IV who is an authority in process management, process improvement, and process driven systems business requirements. The ideal candidate is recognized as a subject matter expert. A PM IV is typically assigned to larger, highly complex projects requiring independent decision-making, operational and is expected to exercise independent judgment with within the project scope. The role leads & partners with cross-functional teams and stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact operational results. Provides influence and leadership to cross-functional teams and other stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact the project or business objectives. The Process Manager may provide structure and guidance to contractors or employees on a project or temporary basis. This individual shall exhibit authority with respect to process, project development, team interactions, business strategy insights, process efficiency, and process quality. Must have the ability to deliver results by working through other team members while earning the respect and trust of individuals on the team. This position may also have regular interaction and/or represent the department with executive level leadership and requires the individual to have the ability to understand and identify short/long term impacts of process decisions. Typically manages a team of Managers or a complex cross-functional matrixed team; and provides mentorship and guidance to team member and associates.
The Process Manager IV shall provide continuous and visible leadership for current and future end-to-end (E2E) process and quality improvement initiatives. The PM has project accountability for all aspects of an initiative including: research, customer experience design, financial and operating metrics, process roadmaps, and launch.Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions may include the following:
- Lead the documentation of “As-Is” and “To-Be” processes and tools along with functional requirements – Level 4
- Measure and document process time for all functional areas.
- Manage and review allocated budget and actual spend for quality and E2E process improvement activities.
- Plans, performs and implements process improvement and/or change management initiatives.
- Develops policies, methods and procedures to supporting and lending to improvement of business processes and in support of change management.
- Ensure that changes are deployed in a consistent, timely fashion that manages the risk of change, minimizes disruptions to the target environment, and provides a framework to ensure that changes are successfully implemented
- Researches best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data.
- Analyzes and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements.
- Develops and authors methods and procedures / job aides, processes and other formalized documents based on business requirements.
- Determines how new information technologies can support reengineering business processes.
- Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities. Diagrams and evaluates existing processes.
- Measures performance against process requirements.
- Organizes, leads and facilitates cross-functional project teams.
- Interact with boundary partners and Supply Chain staff to understand the true needs and requirements for a future state – while challenging senior leadership / SMEs to “lean out” processes to reduce cost and streamline the supply chain journey
- Collects and evaluates operational, service, and performance data from “best in class” companies to identify opportunities to enhance the overall program.
- Build and manages detailed project plans to ensure the team meets key deadlines associated with the business integrator’s needs – a delay in the program will greatly impact the overall budget. Provide weekly communication of all milestones, accomplishments, and plan.
- Analyzes new business requirements and identifies the most effective approach and resolution to issues.
- Provide documentation of benefits along with assigned accountability
- Drive “Fix Now” opportunities – work with regional/local teams to pilot/implement/control process changes
- Develop Leadership and Key Stakeholder Alignment Document – including timelines and organization impact
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management Plan (including Assessment Analysis, Action Plan, and Predictive Analysis)
- Develop training and adoption material to support Go-Live and Hypercare activities
- Drive implementation of desired “to-be” process including customer experience and the “new way of working” within the process (RACI, Workflow, etc…), policies (Payment schedule changes, customer contracts, etc..), and system (System currently under review)
- Develop and conduct communication plans for implementations and process changes.
- Development of metrics to track process adoption and compliance
- Ensure efficiency gains envisioned in the “to-be”, become a reality, and the associated benefits are realized.
- 10 or more years of work experience
- 5 or more years of process experience (i.e. utilizing a known Process Improvement Methodology)
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Process mapping experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt Certification
- Executive Presence with the ability to present to leaders of various levels across the organization
- Demonstrated Fact Based Analytics Decision Making, Facilitation, Leadership, and Project Management experience
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to identify root cause
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred
- Advanced degree preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in a management role preferred or leading cross-functional projects preferred.
- Visio experience strongly preferred
Travel may be required on average from 10% to 15%, but could be as high as 75%, as business dictates, to and from Atlanta and all Cox locations for team collaboration meetings, meetings with Senior Leadership and/or training opportunities when Telepresence facilities are either not available or conducive to the work effort involved.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.