Senior Manager, Project Execution
3 days left
- Full Time
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
Provides continuous and visible leadership for current and future end-to-end (E2E) process improvement and quality-related initiatives; Accountable for and serves as an authority on various aspects of an initiative including: research, launch, customer experience design, financial and operating metrics, and process roadmaps; Recognized as subject matter expert (SME) on a spectrum of processes and quality improvement protocols; Leads cross-functional teams by example demonstrating passion and drive to satisfy customer needs and optimize customer experience through quality improvements to internal organization processes and technology; Synthesizes information to determine both current and future (years in advance) customer needs; Provides input into budget decision; commits resources to address/balance customer needs; Operates with extensive latitude for independent judgment within operational parameters; Negotiates critical and controversial issues with senior leadership on ideas and solutions that impact industry and/or corporate results; Lead contributor to form quality and process initiative roadmaps spanning multiple year plans; Develops, or provides guidance to develop, innovative solutions to highly complex and/or emerging technologies; Provides influence and leadership to cross-functional teams and other stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact industry and/or corporate results; Provides mentoring and guidance to team members and associates.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Analyzes customer and business process performance metrics and interprets underlying drivers to translate into fact-based recommendations.
- Develops a documented improvement roadmap which aligns with financial plans and/or meets the demands of our customers, market and competitive trends or corporate strategy.
- Works with cross-functional SME’s to translate vision into clear and defined business requirements to drive functional specifications and technical requirements.
- Drives the development of business cases which define the value proposition to support quality and E2E process improvement investments in collaboration with business partners.
- Directs the prioritization of E2E process improvements and defines necessary resources needed to optimize the customer experience and strengthen financials.
- Provides recommendations to management regarding facilities, personnel, and funds required to carry out quality or E2E process improvement investments that are directly related with and directed toward fulfillment of overall organizational objectives.
- Serves as a champion for quality and process improvement initiatives to obtain necessary cross-functional support and sponsorship. Directly and indirectly influences others to garner needed resources and support.
- Responsible for the delivery of a set of quality or process improvement initiatives which positively impact the customer experience and corporate results. Ensures success through adequate planning, resourcing and communication with team members on initiatives.
- Facilitates communication among executives, peers and relevant department and cross-functional stakeholders to maintain alignment and awareness of current state and future plans.
- Create, sustain and optimize operational practices and procedures to drive efficiencies.
- Monitor developments within the industry, vendor community and technology trends in general to consider implications and benefits to customer experience and operational practices.
- Manage and review allocated budget and actual spend for quality and E2E process improvement activities.
- Exhibits leadership with respect to project development, team interactions, business insights and process improvement.
- Is seen as a recognized leader and authority in the organization in a broad process group or in a narrow but specialized process.
- Is consulted by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on his/her interpretations and advice.
- 7 or more years of experience required in related field (e.g., Technology, Marketing, Process Improvement, etc.); 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Demonstrate strong technical and market knowledge
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (e.g., Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- Six Sigma Black Belt with ASQ certification preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
- Experience in telecommunications or high-tech environment
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.