Are you a creative bookstagrammer or are aspiring to be one? Do you love all things social media? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Doubleday has an exciting opportunity for a creative Assistant Digital Marketing Manager to join their dynamic team. Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Marketing, the Assistant Manager will have a unique opportunity create and execute social media strategies for the imprint, including implementing title-specific marketing campaigns.
Doubleday was founded in 1897 by Frank Nelson Doubleday and has continued to operate without interruption for more than 120 years because of the enduring relevance of the books they publish. Today, Doubleday and its Nan A. Talese imprint publish an array of commercial fiction, literary fiction and serious nonfiction titles. Some of their bestselling and prize-winning authors include Anne Applebaum, Margaret Atwood, Dan Brown, Bill Bryson, Lincoln Child, David Grann, John Grisham, Michio Kaku, Jon Krakauer, Ian McEwan, Erin Morgenstern, Jeffrey Toobin, and Colson Whitehead.
* Manage and be main point person for Doubleday’s quickly growing Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels.
* Create and manage marketing campaigns for select Doubleday titles.
* Coordinate influencer marketing campaigns as needed.
* Work with title marketers to create social media campaigns for all Doubleday titles, including visual assets.
* Amplify and track all Doubleday titles across social media.
* Lightly monitor social media on nights and weekends.
* Track and analyze digital performance across social channels.
* Keep up-to-date on emerging trends and changes in social media to present to team.
* Create and manage content plans and calendars.
* Support the Associate Director on Doubleday marketing initiatives.
* A passion for social media and for book publishing
* Proficient across all social media platforms, especially Instagram and Twitter
* Have an instinct for taking “Instagrammable” photos and writing compelling copy
* Detail oriented and highly organized
* Able to adapt quickly and keep up-to-date on latest digital trends
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Proven ability to collaborate across different teams
* Proactive and capable of taking ownership of projects
* Understanding of social media analytics and listening tools is preferred but not a requirement
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.