1 day left
- Full Time
The SC Media team is seeking an Online Coordinator/Reporter to join our team in our New York City office to produce content and gather and develop news/stories for a leading cybersecurity news brand. Successful candidates will foremost have strong writing skills, As such, they should be able to write and edit clearly and creatively. Multimedia skills are critical as well since this position must participate in and help produce relevant videos, podcasts and more. The ideal candidate will be able to respond to breaking cybersecurity news as required and should have a passion for communicating cybersecurity news through strong storytelling using all of SC Media's content platforms.
- Write independent, well-researched news/feature stories for both the brand’s website and six-times-a-year publication;
- Contribute timely, enterprise, and lively story ideas to SC team as well as having a mind’s eye to break the big story and see compelling ways of presenting stories to the SC audience;
- Create, record and edit videos, as well as conduct/host video interviews at SC Media’s numerous live events and at industry happenings;
- Create, record and edit podcasts whether in our office studio or at various industry and SC Media events;
- Moderate online and live events, which means being comfortable with taking to a stage or taking on a live webcast;
- Help maintain and promote brand’s social media presence;
- Establish a strong network of contacts;
- Handle face-to-face and phone meetings with senior industry executives, government leaders, and other industry luminaries.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required -- major in journalism, English or communications preferred;
- Experienced reporter with solid journalistic acumen and integrity;
- 1.5 - 2 years professional experience as a reporter for either B2B or consumer brands;
- Strong news- and feature-writing abilities;
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, stay organized, and establish a strong network of contacts;
- Knowledge of social media trends and best practices;
- Some experience and/or knowledge working with video, podcast and editing equipment;
- Knowledge of WordPress or a similar content management system;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks with ease and accuracy;
- Some knowledge of the IT and/or information security market is desirable;
- Tenacious and social (timidity is not in a successful candidate’s vocabulary);
- Some travel is required.
About SC Media
SC Media is cybersecurity. For 30 years, the award-winning journalistic brand, website, conference group, resource library and publication has furnished cybersecurity executives and other business leaders with the most timely, independent news, features, trusted product reviews, online and live events, and awards and professional recognition programs. SC Media’s distinctive and independent product reviews are used by executives to help them decide which cybersecurity products and services they should purchase to safeguard their infrastructures. The SC Awards programs, produced both in the USA and Europe, have long been revered as the preeminent event honoring and recognizing notable companies, professionals and technologies. For more information, visit www.scmagazine.com.
About CyberRisk Alliance
CyberRisk Alliance is a New York City-based diversified business intelligence company serving the cybersecurity and information risk management marketplace. The company is a start-up founded in late-2018 by B2B industry veteran, Doug Manoni in partnership with Growth Catalyst Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm. The company is well-funded in pursuit of an aggressive organic and acquisition growth strategy. The company’s portfolio currently includes SC Media, InfoSec World Conference and Expo, Security Leadership Exchanges, Cybersecurity Collaboration Forums, and CyberRisk Collaboration.
Apply for Online Coordinator/Reporter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly