Join Penguin Random House as a Junior Designer for a data-driven non-fiction imprint creating a wide variety of titles. This temporary role will work for 21 hours per week over the course of 4 months, beginning in January 2020.
The Junior Designer will be responsible for creating book covers and interiors, as well as supporting the Designer and Art Director’s projects. This opening offers the ability to learn more about the process of creating a book from start to finish.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Working on the original designs of book covers and interiors.
* Laying out pages, entering corrections, and prepping files for print.
* Creating marketing assets.
* Supporting Design department on other projects and departmental tasks as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Minimum of 6 months’ prior professional design experience, ideally in print or publication design
* Highly creative, with evidence of fine design sense and typography sensitivity
* Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
* Ability to work effectively on a team as well as independently
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
* Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat, with strong emphasis on InDesign)
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and link to an online portfolio.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.