Penguin Random House is seeking a Publicist to work with a wide variety of non-fiction titles in the mind/body/spirit, self-help, parenting, wellness, and psychology categories. In this role you will secure media coverage for both paperback and hardcover titles as well as independently plan and execute publicity campaigns (which may include occasional author tours, liaising with media contacts, escorting authors to NYC interviews and events, etc.). For these titles in particular, we are looking for someone who can think creatively and really lean into embracing trends and capitalizing on ‘of the moment’ publicity opportunities.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Securing national and regional media for both paperback and hardcover titles.
* Independently planning and executing author tours, including local book events, media interviews and author travel.
* Accompanying authors to local NYC based interviews and bookselling events.
* Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with producers, editors, book reviewers, event coordinators and booksellers.
* Communicating and building partnerships with authors and agents.
* Creating persuasive press materials, including press releases, pitch letters, author Q&A’s, and story ideas.
* Collaborating with the editorial, marketing, and sales teams on campaign execution.
* Thinking creatively about new and different ways to reach applicable and sometimes non-traditional audiences.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Minimum of 2 years of publicity experience in a book publishing house
* Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
* Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and prioritize
* Strong attention to detail and organization skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be a creative and strategic thinker
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Knowledge of Cision and Publicity Workbench, a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.