Product Manager, News Digital
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC News Digital is creating the digital future for one of the world’s best-known and most-trusted news organizations, featuring world-class brands including NBC News, MSNBC, and the TODAY show.
We are building and improving a suite of digital products including customer experiences across web, mobile, and OTT devices, best-in-class election news products, and story-telling tools including news CMS and curation systems.
We are seeking a Product Manager looking to develop innovative, new products in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
The product manager will own the prioritization and requirements of critical parts of our product roadmap. S/he will lead initiatives that help us better attract and serve users as well as further our business goals. The ideal candidate is curious, analytical, and has a knack for testing and optimization, with experience shipping product to a broad audience.
You will use qualitative and quantitative reasoning to prioritize and clearly communicate the product roadmap.
You’ll work cross-functionally with product managers, UX designers, and qualitative and quantitative researchers to strategize and define the right experience for users. You’ll actively engage with stakeholders including news editorial to understand their needs and incorporate that into product solutions.
You’ll partner with our in-house development team to turn product ideas into reality for our users. You have experience measuring success of products with product analytics and have incorporated A/B testing and other post-launch metrics into future product development.
• Own product deliverables from inception to delivery. Use quantitative and qualitative reasoning to make the right product calls, then clearly define solutions and user experiences
• Establish shared vision across the team by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution, with a shared understanding of important OKRs/KPIs
• Work closely with editorial, marketing, and audience development teams to launch, manage and optimize new product features designed to acquire and engage users and grow loyalty
• Define user stories and requirements for user-facing features.
• Collaborate with the development team to understand development approach, prioritize future work, and plan sprints.
• Analyze data and identify opportunities to develop new features or communications that improve user acquisition and extend our reach on various platforms
• Collaborate with developers and designers in a cross-functional team to ship and iterate features and improve overall product performance according to business KPIs
• Foster an agile way of working, not for the sake of a fervent belief in a methodology, but because it will deliver outstanding results
• 2-5 years experience in managing digital products, ideally in a B2C business
• An understanding of what’s happening in media today… and more importantly, what will be happening tomorrow
• Great judgment and taste… but you also love your data
• Demonstrated ability to deliver detailed orientated work without losing sight of the big picture
• Take your job seriously, but not yourself
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.