Director, Marketing Strategy
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Champion strategic development and analysis efforts to identify, evaluate and inform business growth opportunities. Develop marketing strategy based on insights, market geography factors, analysis of results, and competition.Drive attendance, yield, and revenue for key segments and products.Provide input for budget resource allocation and lead the annual Situational Assessments and Integrated Operating Plan documents for overall department.
STRATEGIC PLANNINGEnsure organizational alignment around Marketing & Sales business objectives.Identify opportunities to drive necessary volume to meet objectives.Provide recommendations to organization to meet business goals.Work closely with Integrated Marketing team to execute successful plans.Track how markets and segments are evolving, involving brand, product and service opportunities, and analyzing external marketing and sales trends as well as competitive actions.Identify and create metrics and models to allow for comparison of competing opportunities and ensure alignment with overall corporate strategies.Partner with Consumer Insights to conduct research that will define consumer target and unlock business value through deep insights.Partner with analytics teams to ensure maximum ROI for Marketing & Sales spend.Collaborate with cross-functional partners, including Finance, Operations, Entertainment, and Creative on analysis of opportunities.
CONSUMER SEGMENTSDevelop strategies and plans to drive attendance.Define key target audience demographics and travel behaviors. Develop strategic input with targeted consumer messaging for Marketing & Sales programs.Develop market intelligence and share across department.Partner with Sales team and external tourism boards to evaluate coop marketing and trade opportunities.
BRANDINGDrive site brand development, strategy & stewardship, ensuring fit with overall Universal Parks & Resorts brand.Develop site brand guideline development & dissemination.Champion adoption of brand across organization.
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA strongly preferred.
• 8+ years of progressive, relevant marketing and/or strategic planning experience.
• 8+ years of relevant leadership experience including supervisory and budget responsibilities.
• Demonstrated experience with business case development, financial pro-formas, strategic planning and analysis.
• Demonstrated cross-functional expertise in diverse fields such as marketing, strategy, finance, operations, with skills in market demand modeling, ROI analysis, competitive risk assessments and what-if analyses.
• 8+ years in the consumer entertainment, travel or theme park industry.
• Demonstrated experience leading projects with significant and far-ranging impact on the performance of the business in both the short and long-term.
• Demonstrated success leading inter-departmental projects composed of participants at the executive level, successfully leveraging cross-functional relationships with management in Finance, Marketing, Operations, etc.
• Strong executive presence to present persuasive recommendations to senior leadership as well as key external stakeholders, including ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations to senior leadership that highlights a clear decision framework based on analysis and experience.
• Strong project management competency managing cross-functional roles without direct supervision and selecting and managing vendors and outside contractors to augment internal capabilities.
• A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
• Experience working in key consumer segments, and deep understanding of consumer and brand research.
• Deep understanding of financial pro-forma, forecasting, analysis, and business case development.
• Digital and technical savvy, including experience working on social media initiatives.
Experience Universal Studios Hollywood ™ - where every day is an opportunity to take action, a chance to have fun. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood entertainment experience with the world’s largest movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Here, your individuality helps movie-making magic meet real life thrills to inspire memories that last a lifetime. Therefore, we strive to attract the best talent across a range of positions from hourly guest service to professionals. You are encouraged to bring the passion, energy and creativity that will make a difference to the thousands of families and friends who explore our universe every day. Get ready for an epic adventure at a place where you can be Universally You - Universal Studios Hollywood ™, the Entertainment Capital of L.A℠.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.