- Full Time
Team: Content Services
The Program Associate supports the PBS National Program Service and Syndicated Services (PBS Plus and Fundraising) by screening and evaluating programs prior to their airing to ensure adherence to PBS underwriting and packaging guidelines.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Screen programs, and create and distribute reports that include program timings and content information.
- Assess and note sensitive content, and recommend revisions to the program rating if necessary.
Requirements for success:
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in any of the following areas: administration or production in the media industry; television broadcasting and/or film production; or journalism or related writing. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good program judgment
- Excellent writing skills
- General knowledge of public broadcasting community
- Excellent communication skills
- Background or interest in television programming
- Ability to quickly learn database applications
- Training in television production and post-production operations preferred
- Thorough knowledge of PBS underwriting and packaging guidelines preferred
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities