The Random House Children's Books division is seeking an Associate Managing Editor to support the Crown Books for Young Readers and Random House Books for Young Readers imprints. This role will report to the Director of Managing Editorial and liaise daily with the Production, Editorial, Design, Sales and Operations teams.
As an Associate Managing Editor, you will be responsible for managing the publication schedule and title data for both print and ebooks and will also traffic book interiors, covers and sales materials. If you’re looking for the next step in your publishing career, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Specific responsibilities include:
* Working with publishing teams to ensure key deadlines are met.
* Working with the production, design, and editorial teams to create schedules and set deadline dates for each project.
* Running biweekly production status meetings to ensure schedules are on track.
* Troubleshooting issues with production and juggling plans and schedules as needed.
* Updating schedules in Filemaker Pro scheduling system.
* Maintaining and updating SAP for titles on the print and digital publication lists.
* Assigning ISBNs and setting up both print and digital products in the system while updating and maintaining information.
* Reviewing title information for list launch and sales catalog to ensure title data is correct.
* Minimum of 3 years of related work experience; 4 color book experience is a plus.
* Excellent communication skills, including a strong ability to interact with employees across various departments
* Superb organizational and time management skills
* Outstanding ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
* Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook, Excel a plus
* Familiarity with FileMaker Pro, and SAP a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.