Manager of Content and Coverage
1 day left
- Full Time
The right applicant will be a proficient planner with strong news judgment who understands the logistics involved in juggling multiple news crews. Ideally, this person will have experience planning major coverage on all platforms. We’re looking someone who can spot great enterprise content and help distribute that content to all of our platforms. We need someone who can communicate a clear strategy to a team and hold direct reports accountable once standards are set. Strong management and organizational skills are a must.
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred with at least 5 years management experience in a television newsroom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Newscast & Brand Management – 90%
- Responsible for supervising the planning of major events.
- Plans day-to-day content on all platforms.
- Works closely with the Assistant News Director on a promotable story strategy.
- Distributes content on TV, OTT and all digital platforms.
- Supervises the assignment desk and digital team.
- Ensures that our content distribution is on target with the research.
- The Manager of Coverage and Content leads and manages assignment editors and our digital team.
- Assists in establishing schedules, goal setting, and employee relations.
- Must be a quick leading innovator who can lead a team in a changing media environment
- Must understand and be able to execute on evolving digital platforms
- Must be a good teacher and leader
- B.A. Degree in Journalism, Communications, or other field of study preferred
- 5 or more years of newsroom experience required with prior management experience.
- Major market experience preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects.
- Must be able to understand research and execute on the findings.
- Ability to work well with others and deal with employee issues appropriately.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands and essential physical abilities includes: a combination of physical work (standing, walking, lifting and carrying items such as laptop computers, pulling file drawers.Sedentary demands includes: document review and computer use, including ability to manipulate fingers to operate computer keyboard and mouse.Expected to work under deadline constraints and meet precise deadlines (including self-imposed deadlines).Routine interruptions and unforeseen assignments are to be expected.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.