Account Director, Strategy & Crisis
- Full Time
We’re proud to represent clients that align with our beliefs and work to transform our society for the better. Our responsibility is telling our client’s story, not touting our own. We like to believe that we are creative storytellers who work to reach audiences and solve communication challenges regardless of the medium. Sunshiners are in it for the meaningful moments. Giving back and social good is at the crux of who we are and what continues to grow within us – from quarterly volunteer days to teaching and mentoring. We are genuinely invested in your growth. Sunshine University – ask us about it!
So, what are we looking for?
We have an immediate opening for an Account Director in our New York office on our Strategy & Crisis Team. This role will support a variety of clients in public affairs, issues management, legal, banking/finance, healthcare, etc. It’s yours if you are someone who is passionate about your work and are cool and calm under pressure You’re the type of person who can read a room well, you know when you command and own it and you also know when you take a step back. You’re so focused on the best strategy to a problem that you don’t have time to get star-struck! We are looking for someone who wakes up every day checking everything from POLITICO, to the Washington Post, to the New York Times.
- Leading strategy and counsel for clients in crisis and issues management.
- Developing and executing comprehensive communications and public affairs strategies.
- Providing thought leadership opportunities for clients and serving as a leader within the agency.
- Leading client accounts and conducting media trainings for Sunshine Sachs clients, top executives and celebrities.
- Leading new business proposals and RFP responses.
- Training and mentoring junior staff on the inner workings and executions of crisis & strategy, PR, media relations, and overall work approach.
- Managing junior staff and helping them to grow their careers.
- Responding to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
- Working directly with lobbyists and attorneys for clients.
- Support administration of accounts including developing agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports and budget trackers.
You should apply if:
- You have at least 10 years working in PR, specific experience in politics, government, legal affairs, finance, or regulatory matters.
- You’ve managed a team with direct oversight for at least 4 years (of those 10 mentioned above).
- You know how to navigate New York stakeholders, thought leaders, and media.
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
- You believe yourself to be excellent at pitching new business – confidence is key!
- You have established press contacts
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
- You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
- You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don’t be uncool 😉
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. We arrange additional perks as well. From Summer Fridays and celebrations and events on our NY rooftop deck, to quarterly flex days and company-organized volunteer opportunities, we’re proud of the culture we’ve created across the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.