Account Manager, Social Good & Issues Advocacy
2 days left
- Full Time
We’re proud to represent clients that align with our beliefs and work to transform our society for the better. Our responsibility is telling our client’s story, not touting our own. We like to believe that we are creative storytellers who work to reach audiences and solve communication challenges regardless of the medium. Sunshiners are in it for the meaningful moments. Giving back and social good is at the crux of who we are and what continues to grow within us – from quarterly volunteer days to teaching and mentoring. We are genuinely invested in your growth. Sunshine University – ask us about it!
Why should you join us?
Every Sunshiner has a say, from brainstorming pitch ideas to leading client relationships, from participating to business development, from welcome emails to all-staff presentations – your voice matters to us. We encourage curiosity, especially when it’s joined with initiative! Our clients are important (of course they are!), but more important are our team members.
So, what are we looking for?
We have an immediate opening for an Account Manager on our Social Good & Issues Advocacy Team in the Washington, D.C. office. What does this mean? You’ve been doing this for about 6 years or so and are looking for your next challenge and opportunity. This is a role for someone who has an interest in dabbling in multiple industries – but are passionate about progressive causes and campaigns – from reproductive health to racial justice to voting rights to gun reform to everything in between. You consider yourself to be a “political junkie.” You’re someone who checks Politico Playbook as soon as you wake up. We’ll want to know who your evening news anchor of choice is! Are you passionate about your views and have a legitimate opinion on policy? You have all this energy, these great contacts and are ready to make an impact in the world through your work, we can help you do that!
- Leading account teams and managing projects from start to finish.
- Developing, and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
- Conducting regular and thorough research on various topics, flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
- Creating, editing and proofreading materials including press releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
- Planning and executing media-specific events including influencer events and press conferences. Support would include developing invite lists, managing RSVPs, wrangling media on-site, drafting and distributing post-event releases, etc.
- Partnering with senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4 – 6).
- Developing an impactful and trusting relationship with clients
- Managing media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts.
- Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
- Proactively mentor and teach junior team members on account teams (really important for us)
- Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
You should apply if:
- You have at least 6 years of PR and media relations experience in community engagement, non-profit, public sector, politics, regulatory matters. Additionally, you have experience securing impactful press placements, developing and executing strategic media plans, thinking outside the box to create media moments and mentoring junior staff.
- You have a clear sense of the political media landscape and are always on top of the latest breaking political news.
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick! (Also, must support the oxford comma.)
- You have a growing list of relationships with media across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
- You’ve managed a client team with direct oversight for at least 1 year.
- You understand almost all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have great judgment and can make "the call" as needed.
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
- You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
- You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don’t be uncool 😉
You don’t HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
- Experience on a political campaign or in the office of an elected official.
- Experience working with advocacy causes or have been part of an advocacy campaign.
- A track record of success with placing political or cause stories in national or regional outlets.
- Relationships with cable news bookers and other political writers.
- Interests beyond politics – we never like to stay in our lanes here and particularly like to combine entertainment and social good.
- Previous experience using media research tools like Cision.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. We arrange additional perks as well. From Summer Fridays and celebrations and events on our NY rooftop deck, to quarterly flex days and company-organized volunteer opportunities, we’re proud of the culture we’ve created across the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Account Manager, Social Good & Issues Advocacy
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly