Senior UX Designer
- Full Time
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us and let’s build a better future together.
An expert in user experience design and able to execute projects with minimal oversight. Accountable for and serves as an expert on projects related. Has advanced understanding of assigned product’s UX. Passionate and driven to affect change and/or enhancements to satisfy customer needs and to optimize the customer or product experience through innovation and/or improvements to internal organization, processes and technology. Excited to support the transformation of the Company’s Customer Experience vision by bringing experiences to life through our design principles – human, proactive, predictable, and frictionless. Driven to ensure successful outcomes for all partners and stakeholders. Inspires others through inclusivity, collaboration, and positive action.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Translate concepts and requirements into user-friendly, intuitive solutions employing low-fidelity methods such as sketches, wireframes, prototypes, or user flows.
- Make sense of complex project, system, and technical requirements to inform UX strategy and guide product solutions.
- Support research and evaluation of product performance to identify consumer expectations, unmet needs, and gaps in the experience.
- Leverage consumer and user insights to define UX requirements needed to drive functional specifications and technical requirements.
- Make informed UX recommendations by interpreting customer, business and product performance metrics and underlying drivers.
- Articulate design intent and vision to all levels – business, technology, project team
- Facilitate stakeholder workshops or design sprints to encourage alignment or innovation as needed.
- Drive collaboration and facilitate design-led conversations with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to move ideas through a project funnel from ideation through deployment as the champion and owner of the initiative.
- Maintain alignment and awareness of design activities, timelines, and priorities among project leaders, peers and relevant department and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Monitor own work effort and adjust approach as necessary in order drive momentum, maintain alignment, or meet changes in scope or objectives.
- Drive the development of user experience frameworks that articulate the product value proposition and informs product roadmaps or investments.
- Create, sustain and optimize operational practices and procedures to drive efficiencies.
- Lead project or team critique sessions with peers and management
- Monitors developments within the industry, vendor community and technology trends and considers UX implications in light of product roadmaps.
- Researches design techniques and best practices to further the organization's objectives.
- Is a recognized expert in the organization within the UX discipline.
- Is consulted by other associates.
- 5 or more years of experience required in related field (e.g. User Experience, UX Strategy, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, etc.)
- 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Effectively navigate ambiguous work environments; adapting and managing change to accomplish larger organizational objectives.
- Demonstrate strong technical and market knowledge.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (e.g. Graphic Design, Service Design, Computer Science, etc.)
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.