Editor - Strategy Principal
- Full Time
As Editor - Strategy Principal, you will help establish Via as the world’s leading developer and operator of smart public mobility systems. You will work with Via’s talented team of writers, publishers, and strategists to sharpen and refine Via’s commercial content strategy. By editing complex proposals for cities and transit providers around the world, you will ensure that Via’s commercial materials consistently meet our industry-leading standards for coherence, clarity, client/solution fit, and overall persuasiveness.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Meticulously edit proposals from the top down (review business strategy) and the bottom up (polish structure and language).
- Maintain -- and preferably improve upon -- our exacting prose standards. If there’s a way to say something more clearly or persuasively, you’ll find it, even if that means writing and rewriting.
- Partner with our content management team to ensure that our content library always stays current.
- Support senior team members during off-site proposal interviews.
- An exceptional track record as an editor with at least five years of experience editing (or writing) in a professional setting.
- Have an instinctive appreciation for tone and structure; you love prose and, more importantly, love the process of making it better.
- Enjoy collaborating with talented writers and are passionate about making your colleagues stronger written communicators.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage deadlines cooly and effectively
- A record of academic achievement, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or another field that required regular long-form writing (undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred).
- Prior experience at a startup, consulting firm, or in a leadership role is a plus.
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.