inScience Communications has over 30 years’ experience in providing strategic and tactical medical communications services to the global pharmaceutical industry. Working in partnership with our valued clients, we deliver the highest quality of service and ethical content by drawing on the extensive talent and experience of our global team. We pride ourselves on ensuring each individual has the ability to contribute to our continuing expansion, providing the opportunity to progress their career and make a real difference to this dynamic agency.
The Business Development Director drives new business opportunities and takes responsibility for selling our strategic publication planning services to an assigned client target list. Provides strategic input regarding clients and industry demand, and builds strong relationships with the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies.
- Target and open new sales opportunities within an assigned client account list working towards achievement of specific sales/revenue targets for scientific communications
- Lead all pitch opportunities for assigned client base
- Internally – lead the preparation of all pitches
- Externally – be the point of contact for pitches and take overall responsibility
- Contribute to the profitability of inScience Communications by working with specific product Account Teams to ensure all business closed is financially viable and Springer Healthcare’s profit margins are maintained
- Provide counsel to clients and assigned staff to develop programs and address issues in a legal and regulatory compliant manner
- Prepare annual account plans for each key account and work with the management team to develop a strategic plan for assigned accounts
- Develop a current product and pipeline analysis on assigned client base
- Identify leads for potential sales and follow-up with mailings, e-mails, faxes, etc.
- Create own marketing material with inScience Communications marketing manager to increase sales and exposure
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years' previous consultative sales experience, to the pharmaceutical industry, within a medical communications agency environment
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process
- Able to travel, primarily domestic, as required (up to 50%)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office packages and experience updating databases
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Knowledge of client contracts (MSAs) and their operationalization
- A strong, enthusiastic team player and leader to partner with senior business leaders, key account management and scientific services teams to identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Knowledge of the publishing industry a plus
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Visit our website at www.insciencecommunications.com or www.springerhealthcare.com.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster:
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.