1 day left
- Full Time
The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) seeks a media-savvy communications specialist that will oversee IMT public-facing outreach. The Communications Manager will be responsible for creating and executing strategic communications campaigns and managing public relations to reach IMT’s core audiences; writing, editing, and managing public-facing outputs such as blogs, infographics, and videos; and promoting IMT experts, awards, and events. This senior-level position reports to the Director of Communications.
- Develop and execute comprehensive communications plans for IMT public-facing deliverables. Plans may include the production of blog posts, fact sheets, infographics, and other materials, with a focus on reaching and driving action with IMT’s core audiences. Coordinate with Communications and program staff to oversee execution of deliverables in a timely manner.
- Own IMT’s earned media efforts, cultivating relationships with key media outlets for IMT’s core audiences, creating and distributing materials such as press releases in a timely fashion. Oversee necessary follow-up, coordinating with Communications Director to respond in real time to media inquiries on a range of issues.
- Manage IMT’s blog, The Current, ensuring that IMT publishes regular high-quality blog posts from a range of staff members. Create and manage an editorial calendar. Work closely with program staff to generate ideas for, as well as edit and produce regular blog posts. Oversee the strategic amplification of such posts to external channels such as media and partner websites. Coordinate with communications associate on internal efforts to have staff promote materials on their professional networks.
- Encourage storytelling among staff, identifying and presenting a regular communications best practice or highlight.
- Lead on preparing staff to speak externally such as in-person presentations and external webinars, coordinating with other strategic services staff as needed.
- Manage and work effectively with contractors such as graphic designers or videographers on a per-project basis.
- Articulate ROI and impact of communications efforts and lessons learned to IMT staff. Periodically update staff on key lessons learned or best practices.
- Edit program deliverables as needed, such as white papers, reports, guides, and fact sheets.
- Help lead and execute website strategy to improve the dissemination of content across IMT digital properties.
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to strategize as well as execute communications/promotion plans
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated, creative self-starter
- Passion to contribute to U.S. climate protection
- Strongly preferred:
- Experience in media or public relations
- Experience with media outreach and analysis tools such as Cision or Meltwater
- Interest in energy efficiency, clean energy, sustainability, green building, or environmental issues
This is a full-time position based in IMT’s Washington, DC office. The salary range for this position is $70,000–$80,000, commensurate with experience. IMT also offers a competitive benefits package.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and two writing samples (blog post, report, or similar document) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Apply for Communications Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly