Call Center Customer Service Representative (Account Services)
- Full Time
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for customer focused individuals to join our team and be the voice of our brand. As a Call Center Customer Service Representative (Account Services), you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization by living our motto: Serve, Solve and Sell.
An Account Services Representative is part of a supportive, customer service-oriented team that:
- Exceeds our customer expectations by providing top notch customer service.
- Respond to inbound customer questions, problems, and requests regarding account balances, service additions, billings/payments, or other general or account-related services.
- Educates residential Cox customers about additional service opportunities.
- Maximizes opportunities to sell additional or upgraded services to customers as available, while providing a quality customer experience.
As part of a customer experience driven team, you will earn an hourly rate of $15.00. You will earn an extra $1.25/hour from 6pm-10pm. 2nd shift is the primary shift as a new hire to the organization.
At Cox, we offer...
- Competitive wages with potential for additional financial incentives for motivated team members!
- FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day!
- Casual, yet energetic and engaging work environment
- Retirement Benefits including 401(K) matching
- Work-life balance, including generous time off policies: Up to 22 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance provided
- High degree of commitment to our communities including volunteer opportunities
- Flexible work options are available including a work from home program if you live in a commutable distance from the Wichita Cox office. You must complete six months of employment and be in good standing to qualify. Ask your recruiter for additional details.
- Career Advancement Opportunities across the Cox family of companies
Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as an Account Services Representative, where you’ll be enhancing the lives of our customers and your career. Apply today!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Handles incoming calls from Cox Business and residential customers, delivering excellent customer service by asking questions, actively listening, building rapport, demonstrating respect, being informative and understanding their needs, requests or problems.
- Meets or exceeds established goals in Serving (i.e., customer surveys and efficiency metrics), Solving (i.e., first call resolution) and Selling (i.e., promoting and selling additional products and services that align to the customer’s needs) metrics. Exceeds customer expectations by documenting call details into the system and completing any forms required to request action by other departments.
- By obtaining appropriate security tools (e.g., PIN, identifying information), accesses customer record databases or other electronic tools and information delivered to the desktop, including the online data warehouse of MyAccount for Cox Business customers.
- Builds customer loyalty by resolving customer problems on the first call and, when applicable, placing follow-up calls after receiving acknowledgment of action taken by other Cox departments. Provides total customer service by asking probing questions and employing active listening skills to resolve the reason for the call, as well as proactively promoting Cox’ products, features and services to customers for sale/up-sell opportunities, closes sales and completes service orders.
- Educates customers on general-to-moderately complex billing details, as well as Cox policies and procedures concerning prices/billing/service, to facilitate the acceptance of customer payments by phone or educates the customer on other self-service options to make payments and manage their account.
- Exhibits strong knowledge of the Cox Business brand and offers solutions that meet unique business customer needs. Exhibits acute awareness of the product portfolio to understand values and benefits when making account changes.
- Processes all non-contractual customer changes on behalf of Cox Business customers. Processes changes to business customer telephone numbers (including 800 and DID numbers) directory information, caller ID and masking numbers. Sets up or changes call forwarding options for customers in the event of a business continuity need on their behalf.
- Generates and sends bill copies showing up to 18 months in history. Assists Cox Business customers with obtaining outbound call records in addition to providing information on subpoena requests for inbound records. Processes and sends customers specific W-9 forms for each market.
- Merges billing of multiple Cox Business accounts into a consolidated Master/Child account, as applicable.
- Performs any necessary calculations pertaining to fees, time periods, or dates.
- Actively participates in team meetings, huddles, required training, and one-on-one meetings with the Supervisor.
- Stays current with new and/or updated reference material or announcements pertaining to the job and adapts customer communication to reflect any changes
- 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
- HS graduate, GED or relevant work experience
- Experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
- 1 or more year of experience providing service directly to customers
- Excellent skills in creating an exceptional customer experience, applied learning, sales orientation, multi-tasking, building customer rapport, discovering customer needs, problem solving and responding to customer needs, ability to learn and apply procedures, teamwork, communication, and strong work ethic, and ability to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Proficient analytical skills to determine the best course of action
- Must be able to work in a call center, highly structured environment
- Enthusiastic and personable
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- 1+ year experience working in a position that requires meeting sales goals
- 1 - 2 year work experience in a customer service role, not specific to just Call Center
- Strong aptitude for helping customers and a customer experience focus
- Enthusiastic and personable
- Must be able to work in a call center or highly structured environment
- Strong computer skills and be able to navigate through multiple screens
- Ability to adapt to constant change
- Demonstrated solid work history
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.