Dance Media - Social Media Editor
6 days left
- Full Time
Dance Media—publisher of Dance Magazine, Dance Spirit, Pointe, Dance Teacher, The Dance Edit and Dance Business Weekly—is looking for a Social Media Editor. If you have a passion for dance and maintain a daily digital media habit, we’d like to talk with you.
You will play an essential role on our team, creating immersive and innovative experiences for the large social media communities of Dance Spirit and Dance Teacher magazines. The successful candidate will know what makes for a good narrative and love a beautifully written sentence.
The Social Media Editor will:
- maintain all social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for Dance Spirit and Dance Teacher magazines
- brainstorm and oversee Facebook Live events and Instagram takeovers
- create weekly newsletters for Dance Spirit
- potentially contribute posts to the Dance Spirit website and edit/write the occasional story for the print magazine
- help oversee Dance Spirit’s annual Cover Model Search contest
- take on future social media platforms and jump into new projects as they arise
A degree in journalism, social media marketing, or another field that prepares you for our fast-paced, literary office environment is preferred. Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, Facebook Ads Manager, and MailChimp is a plus. Work will be performed at our Manhattan office (near Canal Street) but has some remote flexibility. Offsite events will occasionally require evening and weekend hours. Please submit your cover letter, resumé, and two writing samples using the form below.
Apply for Dance Media - Social Media Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly