Senior Director of Video
- Full Time
HarperCollins Publishers is looking for a Senior Director of Video to oversee our US video production studio, leading, developing and streamlining digital video content for all HarperCollins US brands and imprints (including Epic Reads, Shelf Stuff, William Morrow, Harper, HarperOne, HarperKids etc.) The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and nurturing a team of internal/external video producers and creators and will work closely with the marketing and digital teams across the organization to conceptualize and develop brand, book and author video campaigns. In addition, this individual will specialize in platform audience growth and use performance metrics and analytics to diversify our video content across all relevant social platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, IGTV, Snapchat, Tik Tok etc.) and mobile, to position HarperCollins as a leader in video marketing.
- Oversee unique video strategies for a variety of internal client groups within the adult and children’s divisions.
- Maintain an in-house production studio and manage a team of video producers/editors across General Books and Children’s divisions and provide inspiration, motivation, guidance, training and management.
- Collaborate with marketing, social and digital teams to concept and develop book title specific video campaigns that align with sales goals, platform strategy and activates new audiences.
- Advise and disseminate video best practices, latest trends and technology for social and digital platforms to all relevant HarperCollins stakeholders.
- Help meet audience growth goals across platforms and lead platform-specific video campaigns to increase social video views and engagement, subscribers/followers and promote our authors.
- Optimize video (formats, sizes, length etc.) across all major social platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, IGTV, Snapchat and Tik Tok.
- Develop new and innovative ways to leverage video content to increase site traffic, optimize book sales and advertising revenue.
- Interpret key social analytics/research to measure success and disseminate learnings to inform and adapt video content strategy across the business.
- Develop and maintain external relationships with production partners, vendors, social platform representatives, etc..
- Problem solve any video issues and implement ways of improving video workflow to create a positive and efficient work environment.
- Work with legal team on contracts (freelancers and performance/location releases) and manage media and music licensing for clearance of videos and audio.
- Review and advise on final treatments, briefs, scripts, casting, production schedules, budgets, graphics, music, rough edits, voiceover and final deliverables of requested projects.
- Supervise and direct production shoots when required.
- 10+ years of experience in digital media with a focus on video content development and social video strategy
- An exceptional portfolio and show reel demonstrating relevant experience
- Previous experience managing a video team and studio space with strong leadership, organizational and team work skills that promote creative thinking
- This is a visible role across the organization requiring excellent communication and presentation skills both in and out of HarperCollins
- Expert knowledge of social video best practices and proven track record of using video to grow audiences across social platforms for all age groups
- Expert knowledge and confidence optimizing video (formats, length, sizes, codecs etc.) across all major social platforms
- Familiarity with digital analytics tools to help influence content strategy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting under tight deadlines with strong project and time management skills
- Expert experience directing video and photo production shoots with high profile talent, including live shoots across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of relevant tools: Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Microsoft Office, Keynote etc.
- Have expertise in production resources and facilities for all aspects of video production, including budgeting and financial reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.