- Full Time
Photo Editor | New York
Observer Media is looking for a hard working, motivated individual to join their team as a Photo Editor to work with the editorial department for both Commercial Observer and Observer. The ideal candidate will oversee all of the photo and editing needs including but not limited to finding appropriate images, check their quality, coordinate with freelance photographers on upcoming stories and be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Communicate with writers, editors, and freelancers about art for upcoming stories
- Assign photographers for Commercial Observer photoshoots as they come up
- Choose what images will be used in collaboration with editorial, and communicate with photographers to get the images at the right size and on time
- Do photo research for print and web including: News Briefs, Lease Deals, main and supporting art for features, etc.
- Communicate with PR companies to get images when needed and make sure that they have the proper permissions
- Oversee the acquisition, editing, organizing and crediting of images for both print and web use
- Bachelors degree
- 2 years experience as a photo editor, preferably in digital and/or traditional media
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume (required) & cover letter (optional) to email@example.com and write “Photo Editor” in the subject line.
Apply for Photo Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly