6 days left
- Full Time
HarperCollins 360 is seeking a Publicity Manager to join the New York-based team of this global publishing and distribution program, publishing a select group of adult and children’s titles from HarperCollins UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and India into the US marketplace.
The position is responsible for the implementation and management of the strategic PR plans for HarperCollins 360 titles and works closely with the Affiliate Publisher to ensure brands and authors are developed on all levels producing best results, while using both traditional and digital methods. This is a truly unique opportunity to take your publicity career to the next level.
We are a small and innovative team looking for someone with experience working with both non-fiction and fiction titles and an interest in a wide variety of genres, including children’s books. If you have great media contacts, great ideas, a positive, can-do attitude, and would enjoy working in a boutique, collaborative environment within a larger organization, we look forward to meeting you.
- Works independently publicizing books and authors from around the world in a wide range of categories and genres.
- Schedules interviews, reviews, and features with broadcast, print and online media, developing proper angles and pitches.
- Actively develops and maintains media contacts, including national, regional, local TV, radio, and print as well online blogs and sites.
- Coordinates all publicity activities; schedules and plans bookstore appearances and special events; communicates publicity updates to sales force and international publishers.
- Attends division meetings and events and presents titles at launch and sales meetings.
- Writes press releases and pitch letters and other promotional materials relating to a book’s campaign.
- Works with marketing team to develop overall genre PR and marketing plans in key areas such as historical fiction, psychological suspense, rom com, and more.
- Works with editors and publicists from our international offices on US strategy and pitches for key authors and brands.
- Works closely with the Affiliate Publisher on overall campaign strategies, positioning of a title and effective pitch angles.
- Shares supervision of a junior member of the team.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Significant prior work experience in book publicity, with an emphasis placed on booking top-line media in both traditional and digital outlets
- A proven ability to generate creative angles and pitches
- Extensive knowledge of the media and a familiarity with producers, book reviewers, magazine editors, and bloggers
- A deep understanding of the digital media space, including bloggers and social media
- Can create good rapport with authors
- Ability to act as an ambassador and influencer to the media, agents, authors and other opinion formers to reinforce the reputation of HarperCollins as a major, innovative publisher
- Interest in international publishing a plus
- Excellent communication skills, including exceptional writing skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.