- Full Time
Conservation International has been protecting nature for the benefit of all. Through science, policy, and partnerships, we are helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Communications and Vice President of Media, the senior writer fulfills the critically important task of communicating Conservation International’s work in a strong, credible and consistent voice to a high-level public audience.
A chief focus of this position will be writing media statements, speeches, and talking points for Conservation International executives; other deliverables include webpage copy, and op-eds.
The preferred candidate will have experience researching, analyzing and distilling concepts related to science/business/environment/international development for a public audience.
Superior, deadline-driven research and writing skills are a must, but the successful candidate will also possess a flexible and collaborative spirit — and a sense of humor.
- Lead writing of major editorial products such as media statements speeches, talking points, and op-eds.
- Edit communications products — blog posts, emails, etc. — on an occasional basis.
- Contribute to development of alternative storytelling formats for Conservation International’s work.
- Help create content for executive presentations and speeches.
- Occasionally staff executives for public speaking events.
- Typical office environment.
- Some international travel may be required - up to 15%.
- 5+ years of professional writing and editing experience for mainstream media, government agency, NGO or scientific institution.
- Executive-level speechwriting and staffing experience.
- Experience translating technical materials for an informed audience.
- Ability to travel — up to 15% of the time.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of Conservation International to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. Conservation International offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "accommodation" in the subject line.
Conservation International Values
We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization.
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.