Administrative Assistant— President & Publisher’s Office, Random House Children’s Books
Are you passionate about children’s books and interested in gaining experience in multiple aspects of book publishing? Random House Children’s Books seeks an Administrative Assistant to join their team reporting to the President and Publisher. This position offers excellent insight into the processes and operations of the children’s division, as well as big-picture insights into the publishing industry. The role of Administrative Assistant is ideal for someone who is extremely organized, process-oriented and excels in communicating and working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of colleagues across all departments including Marketing, Sales, Editorial, Design, Managing Editorial, Production and Publicity.
* Provide administrative support in the day-to-day operations of the Publisher’s office: heavy calendar management, answer phones, coordinate department and divisional scheduling, maintain correspondence, handle monthly expense reports, execute book mailings, etc.
* Coordinate agendas and provide materials for regular meetings led by the President & Publisher.
* Arrange domestic and international travel; create detailed travel itineraries including coordinating meetings and researching hotels/restaurants.
* Oversee and coordinate executive’s activities, events and meetings with various non-profit organizations, order catering, set-up venue and plan presentation.
* Fulfill requests for internal and external book donations, get budget approval, coordinate title selection and correspond with external parties to organize shipments from warehouse.
* Handle ad-hoc projects for the publisher’s office as needed.
* Plan and manage execution of special events, both internally and externally, such as RHCB company holiday party, divisional team lunches, etc.
* Prior office experience; a minimum of five years of related experience
* Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and demonstrate excellent time management skills
* Maintain proper etiquette on the phone, over email and via other written correspondence
* Exceptional communication & writing skills are essential: both verbal & written
* Self-starter with impeccable attention to detail, an independent approach to work
* Strong sense of integrity with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
* Demonstrates a creative, innovative and resourceful approach to problem-solving
* Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are required
Please apply using our online application process and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.