About Your Role
As the Health Commerce Editor, you will build and manage the Commerce content program for Dotdash's health and wellness vertical Verywell (Health, Fit, Family, and Mind). You will bring our readers the high-quality product recommendations they’re searching for that help inspire and inform their everyday lives.
Verywell brings in 32 million monthly unique visitors monthly, is the #3 largest ad-supported health site, and is the fastest growing site in its category.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for commerce content strategy and execution, including assigning and editing, updating existing Commerce content with new product releases, and tracking and analyzing the success of all editorial efforts.
About Your Contributions
- Assign, edit and publish new Commerce content across all Verywell verticals, including Fit, Family, Mind, and Health, using competitor analysis, marketplace knowledge, and internal data to back your editorial approach.
- Manage monthly editorial updating process of top 200 Commerce articles on Verywell for our critical product categories.
- Manage a robust team of freelance writers, from assigning to invoicing to onboarding high-quality new writers as needed.
- Track and use performance data to adjust editorial strategy and programming efforts.
- Health & Wellness writer or editor with 3-5 years’ experience developing online editorial content and adjusting strategy and tactics based on data.
- You have good writing/editing ability and an instinctive feel for an authentic voice and can explain various health topics including fitness, family, and general well-being in an informed tone.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a great eye for products and know how to provide the reader with various different options that suit their needs.
- Good understanding of digital media traffic and conversion funnel.
- Are a go-getter and like to think outside the box.
- Have a personal interest in all things Health & Wellness.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides, Liquor.com, and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.